“The right place...”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This Marriott is located in an ideal spot when inn Chattanooga to do multiple things. Immediately near the convention center and downtown ... and a healthy walk to the Aquarium or baseball stadium. As with all Marriotts - Chattanooga is we maintained, comfortable, clean and "fresh". With "special" pricing sometimes available - it is also very affordable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

jmac2239

Thank you for your very positive review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Standard Marriott layout and decor throughout. Valet people always courteous and friendly. Front desk staff the same. Concierge Lounge not open on weekends but breakfast coupons given for substantial breakfast buffet.

Prices are all over map depending on activity of convention center. Busy Starbucks.

Easy walk to downtown aquarium and all restaurants but trolley will pick up at Marriott and take you there as well.

• Stayed: April 2013
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

dsober

Thank you for your review and specifically for your mention of our valet/front office staff, as well as our convenient location to all of downtown. We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were here at a convention. I loved the convenience of being close to everything. Downtown trolleys are free and stop about every 5 minutes. Indoor pool is nice. Every staff member I encountered was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I thought the food was reasonable in the restaurant and bar. I would have liked to have seen different beer choices, such as a nice porter or stout on draft. A mini fridge in the room would have also been nice. I tend to travel with my own drinks to enjoy in room, Also the lobby and upstairs meeting rooms were hot. Not sure if the air was broken or what. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

musicmama1976

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your comments very much and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer refridgerators upon request, for any future visits. Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to share with others.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

we booked this hotel on a discount site...I don't understand why downtown Chattanooga hotels seem generally overpriced compared to other, larger cities, e.g. New Orleans...there don't seem to be many "deals" and even on discount sites, rates seem pricey...we were happy that the Marriott more than met our expectations!

we received a beautiful corner room with 2 windows across from the stairwell...VERY quiet!...it was the Thursday before Easter and a lot of kids in hotel, so we were thankful! Good food for lunch at the restaurant and great, affordable irish coffee in the lounge. Free electric bus right outside goes to riverfront area...helps make up for lack of free parking in the downtown area.

staff very friendly, tho the lone girl at the front desk during check in could have used some help. we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: upper floor, down toward end of hallway seem quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

lexjax

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the conventient city electric shuttle, as well as some of the hotel amenties. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I say the structure is right I mean: on site restaurant and room service, brand name, satisfactory location, and good rates with a senior citizen discount. The people at the hotel are very nice but the hotel doesn't really run well. There are "blank spaces" in your experience. I agree with other reviews that I would have liked an in room safe and a mini bar. Also, there were no pay movies available in the room. The room was quiet, however, we had some issues with the maid service and cleanliness. The manager was responsive, but we would rather have things right than have to call down to the front desk with complaints. We enjoyed the breakfast because there was an omelet maker, otherwise some of the food on the buffet was not hot. This is a typical problem everywhere with a buffet breakfast. We used their business center and their parking lot. This hotel appears to be part of a large convention center complex and we saw that some of the guests were there for competition events, like cheerleading and tennis. We really enjoyed the City of Chattanooga.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

OrlandoIrene

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate constructive feedback and suggestions. We do not provide in-room safes, but we do provide compliementary safe deposit boxes at our front desk. We also don't provide mini-bars in our rooms, but have a market located in the lobby as well as vending machines on all guest floors. We do not provide pay-per-view movies due to the increasing cost and decreased usage, but we do offer an increased # of tv channels. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping and food and beverage staff regarding your comments in those areas. Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I spent 4 days here while attending a conference at the convention center. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was clean - and I checked (I am a fan of Hotel Impossible). The room was nicely appointed and about what you would expect at this price point. The bed was comfortable. My biggest complaint was the size of the bathroom - it was oddly shaped and small, it might have been that way due to its location (Rm 1113). It adjoined the elevators, but they never bothered me - if you are a light sleeper might want to get a little further away.
I had lunch at the restuarant and thought it was priced a little to high. I did not like having to pay almost 11 dollars a day (self park - valet is more) for parking - I understand the garage is shared with thte convention center, but as a hotel guest I think that self parking should be free, but is is cheaper than what I have had to pay in Nashville - so it's a minor thing.
The hotel has a pretty good location - free trolley to the river front area or it's a nice walk (about a mile) if the weather is nice.
All in all a pleasant stay and I would use them again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hi RussHatcher

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I'll pass on your comments to our team specific to our cleanliness, comfort, and location - we appreciate that! We have a few guest rooms next to the elevator banks that do have odd-shaped bathrooms. We can definitely honor a request for a different room location. Thank you for your comments regarding parking and I understand. We are competitive with the other downtown hotels relative to self and valet parking costs and options, but we do appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks again for your visit and your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night when visiting the aquarium. The hotel is about a mile away from the aquarium so that's why I gave it a 3 for location. It is a very nice convention type hotel and very nice, clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013

natd2

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments specific to our service and our food quality and I'll be sure to pass them on to our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for sharing your feedback with others!