“Great Value, Great Hospitality”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Chattanooga at Christmas to see family and friends. I chose the Marriott at the Convention Center because of its convenient downtown location. It's near the heart of all the great restaurants and tourist spots Chattanooga has to offer - a free shuttle ride anywhere. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate me, and the king size room was comfortable and clean! When you walk into the lobby at Christmas, a giant tree dazzles the place; the soft Christmas music playing throughout the public spaces added to the festive decor. Every single staffer I met was beyond friendly and made me feel at home. For a full service hotel, you can't beat the value! I will continue to stay here as I make the trek from Nebraska several times a year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Ashlee P

Thank you for staying with us over the holidays and thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We appreciate your business and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope that we'll see you again soon if/when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the time we booked through Expedia to the time we left it was a wonderful experience. We were there visiting our daughter but also wanted to tie in a Wedding Anniversary. We were surprised with champagne and choc covered strawberries which made our experience beautiful and set a great mood for us! The staff was premium and we even decided to have lunch with our daughter the next day at the restaurant. Everything was delicous and very reasonably priced. The server, wish I remembered her name was very knowledgable and the management in the restaurant was very professional. I was impressed since I have worked for a hotel and know what goes in to making everything perfect for the guest. Again, my hats off to the entire staff including the Housekeeping department. The hotel was very clean and also the room!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hi LanoraBayer

Thank you for sharing your great experience with others here. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I'll be sure to share you comments with our staff as well. Thanks for sharing your wedding anniversary with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The whole staff was fantastic. The king room I had was nice, clean & a good value. Room service was prompt & breakfast was delivered to our room on time and hot. This hotel is not quite in the middle of things but a short FREE ride on the electric shuttle ( or walk) gets you to the action in no time at all. You do need to give the hotel 24 hour notice for them to send the shuttle to the airport to get you

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Faloughi

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding your sleeping room, your room service experience, and overall value. All of downtown's attractions are within walking distance, but the free city shuttle, as well as our own hotel shuttle are available as well. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we'll see you again soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We book rooms at the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center every year for our annual Wild in the Winter New Year's eve party at the Convention Center next door. Each year the Marriott seems to get better and is always excellent from all aspects. Great people, comfortable and beautiful rooms. I only travel across town to stay here but I had guests from Canada that came to town for the party and they were very impressed with the hotel as well. I highly recommend it for a pleasant experience. Even Anthony would be impressed!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hi BigDaddy350

Thank you for your review and thank you for starting the new year off with us! We always enjoy the Wild in the Winter event and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again next year. I'll share your comments with our staff. Thank you for your business and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We traveled to Chattanooga for a special birthday celebration and were delighted to stay at the Marriott at the Convention Center. It's location is ideal for our downtown scheduled events (Creative Discovery Museum, Christmas Parade, & North Pole Limited Train Ride). The free shuttle being right outside the hotel was a nice bonus. We also used the valet service during our stay which is extremely beneficial with little ones - I can't say enough about the friendliness and professionalism shown by all the staff we came in contact with during our stay. As a mother with 3 little ones I'm usually bound to forget something and it held true this time too, but the front desk was able and willing to meet that need and saved me a trip to the store. Overall, I am very pleased with our stay at the Marriott at the Convention Center, the rooms were very nice, clean and have cozy beds and the staff (from the valet, bellman, front desk, housekeeping & food service) go way beyond measure to make sure all needs are met and their guests are very satisfied. Job well done!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Erica V

Thank you for staying with us during your special occasion. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our hotel, location, and staff service. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center on Priceline for $79. We were participating in an event at the convention center, so it was extremely convenient.

The front desk clerk was outstanding. She was a polished professional who was cheerful, friendly, and had answers to all of our questions. Later we had entered the wrong door to go back to our room and another employee kindly pointed us in the right direction and held the door for us, despite having her hands full with a tray of clean glasses. There was courteous service at every turn.

There is a free electric shuttle stop just outside the door near the front desk. We took the shuttle to a restaurant/bar area closer to the river. It was fast and convenient. The shuttle was nice and warm inside and it was nice to not have the stress of driving.

Our room on the 8th floor was fairly spacious. The king bed was firm and comfortable. We slept well and woke up refreshed. In the morning, I enjoyed opening the curtains to the spectacular downtown view.

We had filled in an order for room service breakfast and placed the order on our door the night before, and the breakfast arrived on time. It was pretty good.

The housekeeping staff is a bit heavy handed with the cleaning spray. I could smell it in the hallway and our room. The toilet really needs more flushing power, and the bed sheets were woefully thin. Towels were a bit thin, but plentiful. These criticisms do not change the fact that I had a wonderful nights' sleep in comfort, enjoyed many conveniences, and experienced top-notch and very kindly service. I left feeling renewed.

Priceline listed this Marriott as a 3 1/2 star hotel. Personally, I don't think it quite rises to the level of 3 1/2 stars due to the details I noted above.While I have seen this hotel advertised at $149/night, I would not pay that much for a room here. However, if you can use Priceline or a discount like AARP or government rate to book a room for $100 or less, go for it. You will likely experience the same comfortable, convenient stay with exemplary service that I experienced. So glad I stayed here!

Room Tip: Get a room at a higher level to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

alminavi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Bar none, the best bed I've ever slept it. Ever staff member was unbelievably attentive and kind, catering to us like royalty:) I would live here if I could! Pools are awesome inside and out, room service and food awesome!! Five stars!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Minderhouts

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our service, the pool area, and the Marriott beds! We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays.