We booked the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center on Priceline for $79. We were participating in an event at the convention center, so it was extremely convenient.
The front desk clerk was outstanding. She was a polished professional who was cheerful, friendly, and had answers to all of our questions. Later we had entered the wrong door to go back to our room and another employee kindly pointed us in the right direction and held the door for us, despite having her hands full with a tray of clean glasses. There was courteous service at every turn.
There is a free electric shuttle stop just outside the door near the front desk. We took the shuttle to a restaurant/bar area closer to the river. It was fast and convenient. The shuttle was nice and warm inside and it was nice to not have the stress of driving.
Our room on the 8th floor was fairly spacious. The king bed was firm and comfortable. We slept well and woke up refreshed. In the morning, I enjoyed opening the curtains to the spectacular downtown view.
We had filled in an order for room service breakfast and placed the order on our door the night before, and the breakfast arrived on time. It was pretty good.
The housekeeping staff is a bit heavy handed with the cleaning spray. I could smell it in the hallway and our room. The toilet really needs more flushing power, and the bed sheets were woefully thin. Towels were a bit thin, but plentiful. These criticisms do not change the fact that I had a wonderful nights' sleep in comfort, enjoyed many conveniences, and experienced top-notch and very kindly service. I left feeling renewed.
Priceline listed this Marriott as a 3 1/2 star hotel. Personally, I don't think it quite rises to the level of 3 1/2 stars due to the details I noted above.While I have seen this hotel advertised at $149/night, I would not pay that much for a room here. However, if you can use Priceline or a discount like AARP or government rate to book a room for $100 or less, go for it. You will likely experience the same comfortable, convenient stay with exemplary service that I experienced. So glad I stayed here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chattanooga Marriott Downtown is conveniently connected to the Chattanooga Convention Center, making this hotel an ideal destination for meetings. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to several top attractions, including the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX 3-D Theatre and Creative Discovery Museum. Nearby attractions also include the Chattanooga Regional History Museum, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and AT&T Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chattanooga Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Marriott At The Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Marriott At Hotel
- Marriott Chattanooga