“Comfortable & Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Comfortable & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Checked in here for a business meeting. Attentive front desk staff, easy parking, very good room service - try the fried cheese cake - it's delicious! Exercise facilities were really nice, on site Starbucks, and courtesy van was available to take us to dinner. All in all a great place to stay! It's a bit expensive and you do have to pay for parking though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank botunkus
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi botunkus

Thank you for your feedback! We hope your travels will bring you back our way soon.

Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I needed a room and only had about 6 days notice. We chose the Chattanooga Marriott on the hopes it would pan out okay. Having never stayed there we did not know what to expect. Our take:

- VERY well trained, courteous staff
- SPOTLESS hallways, rooms, facilities
- LESS expensive than similar nearby hotels
- COMFORTABLE beds, soft clean sheets (very high threadcount) and blankets, and quiet night of sleep

The hotel is obviously well managed, all employees wanted to make sure our stay was enjoyable (from our greeting at the desk to the porter who helped us with directions). We will definitely stay there again!

I don't know how

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room. The views from the room and the glass elevators are really nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
J H

Thank you for taking the time so share your feedback with us and our future guests! We appreciate you choosing Marriott and I'll share your comments regarding housekeeping, service, location, and most importantly - the comfort of hte bed, with our team! Thanks again for your business and we hope that we'll see you again when your travels bring you to Chattanooga.

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

You know the saying, "If you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all?" Well, by the time we checked out on day 7, I was feeling this way. I don't make it a habit of complaining because I'm a very blessed lady, but I want to share this so others can make informed decisions about where they spend their hard earned money. I'll start with the good: Clean hotel, nice indoor pool, loved the hot-tub (and it was emptied & refilled at least 3 times during our stay, which was nice to know), maintenance men spoke english and were friendly. Now the bad: Upon check-in, we get to our room on the 14 floor and it has 2 full beds. 1 out of 2 not bad. We had requested a King on a high floor, but I could deal. They then move us to a handicap room on the 4th floor next to the elevator. There again, not that big of a deal right? We go to walk downtown and on our way out we stop at front desk and tell them we need tiolet paper in the room. When we get back 3 hrs later, they still havent brought it and we have to go ask for it again. I had a problem with the maids understanding me. I know I'm a southern girl, but that wasn't the problem. I don't think they spoke English (or could read it). I left a note on my pillow asking if we could get extra pillows and I guess she didnt know what it said and threw it away because when I returned to room there were no pillows. I then called and asked for pillows and they wanted to know what kind, feather or foam and how many? I thought WOW, NICE, I get a choice. I told her foam and 2 please. Not long there was a knock at my door and when I opened it there was a guy with 2 pillows standing in my door way. By now youre thinking, I dont see a problem, you requested something and they delivered it promptly. I only wish I had a video of what happened next. This guy hands me the pillows which weighed 10 lbs each, all the time explaining he couldnt find any pillows, this was all he had, and was grinning ear to ear. He left, I shut the door and threw pillows on bed. I thought what in the world kind of pillows are these? So I began to investigate. I swear, this is truth, and nothing but the truth.... You know those huge square pillows you use for the back of your bed, but you DON'T- EVER - EVER sleep on them, the ones that our for "decorative purposes" only? They had shoved, pushed, used a vise, probably broke nails shoving this 36 X 36 pillow into standard size pillow case. That was why it was so hard! It would have been a whole lot easier for them to say, "sorry, we have no pillows." Also, the day before we were leaving, the maid came in and put out towels, made bed and left. I went into bathroom and noticed she hadnt left any soap, shampoo or conditioner. Then we find out my husbands work has been extended. So I call front desk to let them know and they say "we can stay 1 more night but then theyre booked." I understand that, its part of a Convention Center and they had people coming in for a conference. But they didnt handle the situation right at all. It should've been handled like this: I'm so sorry for your inconvienance, let me help you find another place to stay near by at one of our other Marriott Hotels, we will then have you and all your luggage moved at no charge, we appreciate you choosing the Marriott at
the Convention Center for your 7 day stay. Is this to much to ask? Even this wouldn't have been too big of a deal except my husbands here on business and I came with him. When he leaves for work, he takes the car. So its not like I can move all our luggage. And check out is 12pm and other hotels check-ins are at 3pm. So lets see, that leaves me sitting on the side of the road with our luggage for 3 hrs. I'll end with this: I go to get a water out of coke machine, $2.00. Youre saying, "yea, youre in a hotel." I put $2 in, press the big Dasani water button and out comes a...Coke Zero. I go get 2 more dollars and put it in. I press another big Dasani water button and out comes a... strawberry flavored water. I go back and get 2 more dollars and put it in. I press a third big Dasani water button and out comes a... another Coke Zero. I guess it wasnt meant for me to get a plain water. I know whats in that Coke machine isnt the hotels fault, but then again the way they handled it was pitiful. When we were checking out the next morning my husband mentioned to the desk clerk about our problems with the Coke machine and all he said was, "he would let them know." There was no apologies, he didnt say, let me give your $6.00 back or anything. I was really disappointed in this hotel. I wonder if the owners of this hotel realize how their guests are beening treated and what kind of help they have representing the Marriott name.
Guess one can only hope that we caught them on a bad week...........

Room Tip: "If youre wanting a King Size bed it will have to be on the 4th floor or lower, at least thats...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Bubblesandboo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize that we were unable to resolve these issues during your stay and that you left with a negative impression of our hotel. I will follow up on these issues immediately. Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying two nights at the Chattanooga Marriott. The entire staff are well versed in providing customer service. The room was very clean and functional. Hats off to the Houskeeping team. Breakfast in the Terrace was simply amazing. A nice spread which included made to order omelets. The setting was comforting as well. Service was outstanding and will be back for Chattanooga Hospitality. Thanks to all the staff for all the hard work they put in to making the guest their priority. If you are looking for top notch customer service, look no further.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Tug M!

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words specific to our breakfast, housekeeping, location, and overall service very much. Thanks for staying with us.

Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My Company had a meeting here September 25-28.The hotel is very clean. The people of the hotel provide outstanding customer service. The rooms are large and very comfortable. Breakfast is excellent. Very convient we walked to dinner at different places each night. But the free bus stop is just outside the hotel door. This was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
DandCWags

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate it very much and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel!!! It was very clean and the employees were very helpful! We were able to get in the room with no problems. We had a beautiful view of the scenary. The hot water in the shower was amazing after a very exhausting day! The bed was a california king bed and my husband said that is the best he had slept in a long time. So happy we decided to stay here. My only concern would probably be there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. The pool was not clean at all! It looked like there was skin floating around in it. The hot tub now that was divine for relaxing! I did not relatively like the surroundings because there was a bad neighborhood. But overall one of the better hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: I would say higher rooms are much better if you are staying....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi Kayla S

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us! Thank you so much! I do apologize for the condition of the pool during your stay and I have forwarded that comment onto our engineering department. Also - for future visits, we do offer refridgerators and microwaves on request an no charge. Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback.

Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great hotel and more importantly great staff. I have stayed here 3-4 days a week for the past 6 months and the hotel staff bends over backwards to make my stay trouble free. They always are friendly and help me with anything I need. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice and the food is excellent. It is conveniently located to all the downtown restaurants and businesses and is very easy access on and off the interstate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
JP

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff, hotel, and location! We appreciate it and I will certainly share with our team! Thank you!