“Convention Center Marriott”

Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Convention Center Marriott”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel has continually gotten better with new management. There have been times when I had unfavorable stays, but the staff is very helpful and would not want to stay anywhere else in Chattanooga!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
UCHuskies94
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with regard to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Knoxville
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is by far my favorite place to stay in Chattanooga. This staff continues to surprise and delight me - Kicks Restaurant is a great Sports bar with terrific food (try the Asian Chicken Salad or Chesesteak Sandwich) - there is also a fabulous buffet breakfast in the main restaurant. And it's always CLEAN and well maintained.

The General Manager is the sort of person you will find chit-chatting with guests and personally making sure your stay exceeds all expectations.

They're busy - but I know why. Give them a shot next trip to Chattanooga.

Jon H

Room Tip: No bad rooms here - I stay here frequently.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jon H
Thank you for your feedback! I will share it with our team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pell City, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Want to thank the entire staff at the Marriott at the Convention Center Chattanooga. Of all of the places that my wife and I have ever visited this one was by far the best. The entire staff went out of their way to be courteous and very helpful. The valet staff was beyond belief. Good job guys and keep up the good work.

Thanks Again,

Jim & Rhonda Purdy
Riverside, AL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Jim P
Thank you for your very positive feedback! I will share it with our team and we hope that we'll see you again soon! Thank you.
MN
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was a nice place and we would stay there again, but we had a few hiccups that kept me from rating this higher. We stayed four nights. We had NO hot water the first two evenings for showers. Then we returned to our room the last evening and could not get into our room. At the desk, we were told we had to move rooms due to a mechanical issue. They did not apologize for the inconvenience of having our room access denied and having to move rooms. While I appreciate being moved rather than having a leak or some other issue, an apology or compensation would have been in order. A maintenance person helped us move and he was VERY nice. The new room had a funky smell and the child accross the hall screamed most of the night.
The hotel rooms were nice sized and decor. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to all of downtown with the shuttle stop right outside the door. Parking is easy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
runrchicMn - Thank you for your recent stay and positive words on our hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with regard to the hot water. We did have a boiler failure during your stay which did unfortunately affect several guests. I apologize that the "mechanical issue" was not communicated more proactiively. I will follow up with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference at the convention center. Wifi was bad and there was no hot water on the first day but got better on the second and third day. Breakfast was EXCELLENT but continental breakfast and a chef to prepare omelette as per your specifications.
Cleaning lady did a good job on first day but second and third day it was bad.

Room Tip: Take a room at a higher floor so that you have a good view and less traffic. Its right next to the c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
TravelReen
Thank you for your review of our hotel and your positive comments on our breakfast and location. I apologize that housekeeping was inconsistent. We did have a failure with our boiler on 1 night last week, which did leave us without hot water the following morning. I sincerely apologize for this. Thank you for your business and we hope that you'll visit us again soon.
Orlando
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel is right downtown, good location - front desk staff was nice, food in the restaurant was good. I had a room on the 8th floor, nice standard king room, had a door to an adjoining room. It was after 10pm when a woman talking on her cell phone woke me up, sounded like she was in the room with me- very LOUD! If you want a quiet room - just say no to a room that adjoins to another one, the doors between them are paper thin...

• Stayed September 2012
Moopoint
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff and hotel - we appreciate it very much! I apologize that the noise from the adjoining room disturbed your evening and appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We do hope that we'll see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family travels all the time, so I've become a "hotel snob". I was not sure by the reviews if I would like this hotel. We really liked it when we arrived...very pretty & clean. Our room was very nice. Beds are very comfortable!!! It looked like it had been remodeled recently. Our air was not working properly, however they took care of this by the time we got back to our room. The indoor pool was small, but nice. I could see how it would get crowded easily. I loved being able to see the pretty lobby from the indoor pool. The outdoor pool was a good size...clean setting. I loved that it had a Starbucks. I just wish it was open in the evenings. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hi Leslie E

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issue you encountered with your air conditioning upon arrival, but am glad that we were able to quickly resolve the issue. We hope to see you again soon!