“Disappointed!!!”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Not a true Marriott hotel! My husband and I love to stay at M hotels wherever we go. Yet this has failed us. It's ONLY for conventions, if you are a regular guest, forget it!!! Sleepless nights due to lots of noise, slamming doors all night long are guaranteed here! The staff should be more professional and accommodate you away from all those groups! Ruined our week-end big time!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Olechka73
Michael H, Front Office Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
As a hotel connected to the convention center we do have several citywide conventions taht choose us for their headquarters. We do however want to make everyone's stay with us a positive, and comments regarding any sevice or room type opportunity is always appreciated

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Upon checking in I asked if the room had feather pillows because I am allergic. I was told some do some don't. I had to run out as soon as I got to my room because of meetings; I dropped my stuff in the room and walked right back out until 9:30pm. I tried to call down but it was busy and I was tired. So, the next day I called down was told them I need them changed and why. I accidentally left my don't not disturbed sign on the door. When I called down at 915pm that night I was told someone would be right up. I called back down at 1030pm to be informed that they were out. Why did I have to call after an hour of not receiving what I requested? The best part was being told I had no pillows, like the night before or they could put bedding in a pillow case for me to use. When I asked how far Wal-Mart was and if it was open 24hrs. I also asked if there were taxies and how much. All my questions where answer honestly but no once was I told let us help you with because of the inconvenience but I was told to call back the next day.

I had chosen to eat in the restaurant completely since my arrival because their serves staff was welcoming. Even when they were slammed because of the convention they still tried to make the personal connection and remember you when you returned. They made up for the lack of service in other areas.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight as part of a package deal for a local fundraiser party event that took place in the convention center. 2 parkin options, Valet and self park..We opted to self park which was very easy in the garage. We checked in aroun 4:30, walked right up and were headed to our room in probably less than 5 minutes...very efficient ! Stayed in room 1626, room had view back up into town (our friends were on the other side of the building and had the convention center roof view)....Room is decent size (One King), was very clean, bathroom was average for hotel size...Bed was comfortable, huge oversized pillows were a little annoying, but had smaller ones also. No fridge, no microwave, just coffee maker....Flat screen tv was nice,but ability to flip quickly between stations (as us men like to do) was hampered by the delay between each station before it showed...no on screen guide made channel surfing painfully slow...Thermostat was old fashioned non digitaltype which I found a little unusual for a hotel, shower head had fantastic water pressure, but had outdated 'Delta' type ball faucet...I especially liked the fact that at night, the room was almost completely dark despite being downtown...very nice curtains allowed a nice dark room...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank champdds
Michael H, Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your most recent stay at the Chattanooga Marriott, your comments are apprieciated and look forward to your next visit
Nashville TN
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We arrrived to a upscale hotel in the middle of chattanoga location great. Quick check in friendly and caring . Rooms clean decorated nice bed comfortable. Very pleasent stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank xheartbeat
Thank you for your feedback we thank you for your business
Ventura, California
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel was deceiving when we entered the lobby. Seemed nice. Then we opened the door to our room. The room was small, the air conditioner wouldn't cool the room and the worst of the worst mattresses on the beds I've slept on in 20 years. my back hurt so bad when I woke up I could barely walk. The tv malfunctioned and add the cobwebs and carpet in need of vacuuming, we could not wait for our stay to end.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank shindig7
Lavergne, TN
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed two nights in room 1512 (15th floor of 16 floors), king bed next to the elevators. The room was clean, nicely appointed, but a little dated. The bathroom was tiny!!! Because the bathroom backed up to the elevators, the sink was at an angle - you had to close the door to use the sink properly. Elevator lobby was loud, as well as the vending area. Because we were traveling with another family and we were both on the same floor, we didn't request a move. Would stay here again, but will make sure to request a room far far away from the elevators. Room service was excellent; prices were average - was pleasantly surprised at the amount of food served and tasted great. Starbucks is located in the lobby - save your cup, self-serve refills are only $1 (The hotel does not offer complimentary coffee). City's free shuttle was right outside the door - was very convenient as we did not have to drive to the downtown area & park. If you choose to walk around outside after dark, would recommend doing so in groups and not alone - we encountered a few 'shady characters' walking down the street.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms next to the elevator - hallway noise is loud and bathrooms are smaller and more...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
NC
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here for a quick one-night business trip. Staff was helpful in directing me around town for dinner and nearby meetings. Gym was very nice - up to Marriott standards with free weights and good cardio equipment.

Hot breakfast in Lounge was a nice touch. When in Chattanooga again, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Look for a river view - Chattanooga is a very pretty city to travel to.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business