“Good Marriott”

Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for over a week for a business/pleasure trip. The hotel was nice, not as modern as others. Our room was a good size. Housekeeping did a good job keeping the room clean. There were two pools, indoor and outdoor, both were hits with my kids, although one day the indoor pool was closed for water treatments. We ate in the restaurant for dinner one night and breakfast a couple of times. It was fair, breakfast better than dinner. The service was terrible at dinner, we were one of three tables and the server still couldn't manage. The food at dinner was just ok. The breakfast buffet was great, lots of choices.

This hotel is a little too far to walk to the restaurants and attractions downtown with small children. We took the car to the aquarium and children's museum.

I would stay here again, but if it were just a family trip, I would choose the Courtyard or the Residence Inn instead, since they are so close to the river, and the attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
MarriottMgmt, Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center during your recent trip to Chattanooga. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the disappointing service you received while dining with us. These types of occurrences are rare and do not reflect the level of service we aspire to. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after your stay with us. In terms of our distance to the downtown attractions, we do have a free electric door-front shuttle service that runs every 5-7 minutes. This door-front shuttle service is located directly off 11th Street and is a very convenient amenity for our guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. The facilities were quite amenable, and all the staff were exceptionally friendly. Would certainly stay here again. Parking is free, which wasn't conveyed obviously but turned out to be a ncie bonus.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ramblindog
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were at the Marriott, Convention Center in Chattanooga during the final weekend of RiverBend Music Festival (although we were not in Chattanooga for the Festival), which means that the city was bustling with out-of-towners. The location was away from the thick of things and therefore quite a plus. Doorfront shuttle service to downtown ran about every 5 minutes and was very convenient.
Our room on the 10th floor was very clean and comfortable and all staff members we passed in the hall, elevator, lobby, etc. were always pleasant and always spoke and acknowledged us. Hallway noise was an irritant but that has to do with the hotel manners (or lack thereof) of guests. This hotel was what I would expect from a Marriott . Saying that, however, I was not pleased with having to pay an additional sum for parking and I was surprised that there was no electrical venting in the bathroom which leaves a very steamy room after showering. etc.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for posting such a warm review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and for recognizing the efforts of our service team to meet your needs.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

We had a nice stay here. It is an older hotel (late 70s I'd guess) they have been actively updating. The room was comfortable and the staff was gracious enough to bring a refrigerator to our room, which was a nice amenity. The front desk and restaurant staff were very good and the housekeeping staff was excellent - great job freshening our room each day and EVERY one we met in the halls greeted us with a smile. The hotel restaurant was a little pricey (as can be expected) but we enjoyed our one dinner in and the breakfast buffet. The hotel was full almost every night so the sllloooowww elevators were backed up in the lobby in the evening. (And the stairs are not handy - and really just for emergencies). We had a room with door to an adjoining room that wasn't especially sound proof, so I'd suggest requesting a room without one.

Room Tip: Pick a low floor to avoid long elevator rides.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank picgla

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I would like to apologize if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with the slow elevators and noise from your adjoining room.

On behalf of my team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed at the hotel during the devastating tornado. Trees were all over cars in the road, the weather was terrible.... but the staff remained calm and professional the entire time.

The hotel is what you would expect from a Marriott... clean, great service, nice room. I had a drink (margarita) sent up to my room and it was made from scratch (no-mix). The little cafe in the lobby was great-Starbucks served.

The down-side to this hotel is that because it's the conference center, the location is not AS ideal as other options if you are hoping to walk to restaurants. The parking lot was very confusing and it was a pay lot. (I hate paying for parking when you are already paying $100+ a night to stay somewhere).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JustCallmeTourGuide
MarriottMgmt, Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and for complimenting our professional service team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Nice updated hotel room with a King bed. Quite and comfortable nights sleep on the weekend. Sports bar was accomodating with the TV's and good service. Close enough to the waterfront. We walked 10 blocks to dinner, but took the free shuttle bus back to the hotel. Hotel parking was a bit far.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lanetk
MarriottMgmt, Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2011

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another great stay.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was very nice, very clean and in a nice locationand the AAA rate for extremely reasonable for downtown. I have a bad back so a good bed is essential for me and I thought the bed was very comfortable. They also have a stop right outside the front door for the electric shuttle which will take you downtown, to the Choo Choo or to the North Shore area. The drivers of the shuttle are very helpful and knowlegable on the area. They will give you great tips on restaurants and places to see if you ask them. The only negative thing that happened was that we were charged $11 for a long distance phone call that we did not make. The only phone calls we made were on our cell phones except one call to the front desk which we shouldn't have been charged for. My husband called the hotel and they credited him for the call. Also, be careful with parking. If you pull up in front of the hotel to unload your stuff and they take your car you will be charged for valet parking ($14 per night). Self parking is $10 per night so be sure you let the guys know you are going to park the car yourself if you don't want to pay for valet.

Room Tip: Nice hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor from your recent stay with us at the Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center.

I am very delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for commenting on your clean guest room and comfortable bed. Your kind recognition will be very well received by our service team.

From all of us at the Chattanooga Marriott, we look forward in welcoming you back to our property in the near future.