My wife and I booked the "Romantic Weekend" stay at this particular Marriott, and we were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were quickly greeted by the valet parking staff, who understood when I told them I wasn't sure if I wanted valet parking or not (turns out it was included in the package). They were very gracious in allowing our car to stay in the front while we checked in.
The front desk clerk was very friendly, and when she noted our booking she was quick to say that they had put us on the Concierge level where "they won't be a lot of noisy kids." Seems there was a soccer tournament in town, and the hotel was full of families in attendance. We got to our room and found it to be spacious and quiet - for 2 minutes. Then we heard the family with two small ones yelling and jumping around in the connecting room. Just at that moment room service knocked at our door to deliver our champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. He walked in, heard the noise, and said, "Oh, no, that's not right." He then told us to request a move (which we had already been contemplating) and he gave us a number to call the front desk. I called them and requested a change, and they said no problem. In fact, our new room keys arrived in 4 minutes!
We moved to the other end of the Concierge Floor and found the room as nice and very quiet!
The hotel is located in downtown Chattanooga and is within easy walking distance to several great restaurants and other attractions. We were lucky to have arrived at the beginning of a Biker Weekend in the city; hundreds of motorcycles were parked in blocked-off parts of downtown, and we enjoyed walking around, seeing the people, and listening to the live music. Quite a dichotomy - soccer families and motorcyclists.
Breakfast next morning in the hotel was superb with, again, excellent service. Checkout was flawless, and the valet staff had our car waiting for us right on time.
It has been my experience that one receives great service from one part of the staff, but so-so service when engaging with another part. That was NOT the case here - we received excellent service in every aspect of this hotel stay. I went out of my way to see if I would be treated any differently by anyone on the staff (to include the maid service). I could not find one instance where the service by anyone associated with this Marriott was less than superb.
I highly recommend this hotel for great weekend getaways and for those wanting to discover and explore Chattanooga!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chattanooga Marriott Downtown is conveniently connected to the Chattanooga Convention Center, making this hotel in Chattanooga, Tennessee an ideal destination for meetings. We are situated in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to several top attractions, including the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX 3-D Theatre and Creative Discovery Museum. Nearby attractions also include the Chattanooga Regional History Museum, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and AT&T Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chattanooga Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Marriott At The Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Marriott At Hotel
- Marriott Chattanooga