My husband is an avid train fan. So, a trip to the Chatanooga Choo Choo
Hotel seemed a great idea. Although is was an ok stay, it was not as
great as expected. The room was average at best-nothing great.
The restaurant-The Gardens, was adequate but again nothing special.
We thought we would check out the train layout housed at the facitility,
but to our surprise, tickets were needed to be purchased. Surely, something like a train layout should have been free, since the price of the hotel room was
not cheap. We were surprised that the hotel is in the middle of a slum-downtown
area. We didn't leave the site, so it didn't matter, but the downtown area was
surely not a place to be at night. There was adequate security at the hotel site.
Overall, it was a good experience but not a great one. I would not recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn