We just returned home from a 4 night stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo, which we found to be a nice hotel. I chose to stay there due to the historical significance of the hotel. I can stay at a regular hotel anywhere. I had a smooth check-in, and Eliot was very informative about the hotel and local area, he even called the room about 1/2 way through our stay to make sure everything was ok. We stayed in building 3, upon check-in Eliot asked if I prefered one building over another. I chose building 3 to be close to the outdoor pool with the waterfall and to have an outdoor balcony. With 2 adults and 3 kids we choose a room with 2 double beds, and requested a roll a way. We found our room to be spacious even with the roll-a-way. The room did appear to be a little aged but it was very clean. The air conditioning worked well and was not noisy. There were not very many channels to choose from on the TV as several posters have mentioned, but with so many things to do in the area What are you doing watching TV? We just needed cartoons at bedtime. I was happy to find that they do have free high speed wireless. The cleaning staff did a great job each day cleaning our room and did replace any toiletries we had used. We spent each evening at the pool, visiting both outdoor pools and the hot tub. I found both pools and the hot tob to be clean, and did see the hot tub get emptied and scrubbed while we were there, The only fault I saw was that the hot tub was small (6 person limit). Some posters have complained that building 3 is far from the front lobby, but I did see many people getting rides is golf carts from staff (we chose to walk though, even with a 6 year old. It's not that far). We felt perfectly safe while we were at the hotel, and being from the country we don't normally feel safe within any "city limits", and we did see security patrolling the parking lots during the evening/early nighttime hours. We did eat at the gardens restaraunt twice while there. We had a buffet style supper which was nice. The food was good but I thought a little over priced for what they had to offer. The breakfast buffet on the other hand was excellent and very well priced. Having the shuttle that takes you to the downtown area right next door came in very handy. We didn't move our car 2 of the 3 days we were there. I will stay at this hotel again if we return to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn