I stayed for 4 nights mid-Oct as part of a convention group (so the rate was very good). I was a bit concerned reading the reviews posted here. However I did not find any of the problems discussed. My room (in Building 3, farthest from the main building) was fine. It was a standard hotel room, but did not have the wear that others complained about. The room was large and comfortable. It is a bit of a walk to the main entrance, but I didn't mind.
My one complaint concerning the room is the lack of a wastebasket (there is a small one in the bathroom). After reading the complimentary newspaper, all I could do was leave it on the floor. The next day the cleaning person left it there (otherwise did a reasonable job), and the following day they moved it onto the table. How does one throw stuff out?
The area around the hotel is very dead. I didn't feel unsafe, but the urban renewal that happened downtown is just starting to happen there. The free electric bus to the downtown area is across the street, so it's easy to get there without driving. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to/from the airport.
The hotel lobby and public areas are very impressive, and I enjoyed the train cars. They also have an electric trolley that goes around the grounds - ride for a fee.
Would I stay there again? There isn't any reason not to stay there - but there are plenty of other hotels near the Aquarium so it's really a question of the best price. If you really love the railroad theme, or want to try the sleeping car rooms, then go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn