What looked very promising when entering the hotel lobby was somewhat neutralised by the sight of the hotel rooms. We stayed in hotel block 1 and even the presence of an indoor swimming pool could not hide the fact that the place urgently needs a refurbishment.
Rooms are clean and spacious but outdated.
Maybe hotel blocks 2 and 3 are more recent (we didn't have the time to check it), otherwise choose for the rooms in old train cars.
Staff was very friendly and there is a nice restaurant on the premises (The Station Hall) where the waiters in turn clmib on stage to sing some classic songs. And believe me, they can sing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn