Your experiece will not be the same if you do not reserve a traincar. The uniquness of the traincar is both delightful and authentic. I had my 7 year old on this trip and he was in disbelief that he actually got to sleep in a real traincar. I assure you that my little boy will remember this specific trip fondly for the rest of his life and we travel a lot so that says something. Our traincar was #766 and was next to the pool building and faced the inner courtyard. an excellent location Traincars also get preferred parking ($6.00 per day) by moving the orange cones and parking in front of their traincar. Free Shuttle Mon-Fri (not weekends). Buffet was outstanding and 2 kids eat free ($18.95 for adult) Entire Pizza's were only $9.95 in the Silver Diner. They had a Singing Server Restaurant that provded live entertainment. We ate at the Sweets Shop 2 times $.99 cent candy. It was not an expensive place so that made me happy. The also honor AAA Discounts. I got a traincar for $170 SO WORTH IT!!!!! The cars sleep large family's of 5 and 6.
This was a last minute stay because I had a special event at 8:00A.M. the next morning at the Aquarium. I actually called from the road to reserve a traincar.3 times in my 8 hour drive from Florida so I kept calling to see if a traincar opened up due to a cancellation and at 11PM when they were closing the reservation lines I was in luck and I got an opening for the last traincar available. I waited for a traincar because I read reviews on Tripadvisor that suggested that their trip would have been more authentic if they booked a traincar ILO a regular hotel room and I was so thankful I took this man's advice. Wait for a traincar it is not the same ina hotel room. The heated pool was awesome and we spent 2 hours there at night. There is also a horse and carriage stand that leave right from the hotel for $30.
The actual Traincar was clean and updated and in my opinion luxurious for what it was representing which was an 1800's way of travel in a traincar. The bathrooms were not as tiny as I expected and very functional with very hot water and good water pressure. The A/C (my most important feature) was ice cold like I like it. There is a coffee maker in the room as well plus an ironing board.
I WILL GO BACK HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next visit will be a romatic visit with my husband with one day on the traincar then the next day on the Delta Queen (Riverboat).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn