Stayed four nights at the Choo Choo during a cold and rainy four days in March, 2013. Stayed in building two. The Chattanooga Challenge went on that weekend and we were able to view participants climb over the cabooze in the back parking lot as part of the route of the race.
Our double room was fine. Though the chamber maid seemed very overworked with the elevator out of order, but she made every effort to be pleasant and helpful. The indoor pool was a popular place on several of the ocassions that we walked by.
An annual free film festival took place in the center next to the hotel during the weekend and everyone was invited to view and vote on the films.
The Choo Choo has atmosphere that is from a time gone by and is interesting to see. We enjoyed the flaming lighting along the train tracks and main lobby. If you don't stay in a train car, it is still fun to see if you can check one out to see the decor.
The Choo Choo has a nice looking atrium restaurant, but we never got the chance to eat there. In examining the breakfast menu, the pricing seemed average with nothing very expensive.
Within a few blocks is a coffee shop and two eating places that were good. One was theTerminal within half a block of the main entrance of the Choo Choo. For an informal fare, Champys is a very popular eating spot within a few miles. They serve all types of chicken, fried catfish, and specialty beer with very affordable pricing. The outside of the restaurant is not as appealing as the atmosphere inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn