We recently stayed at the Choo Choo using living social deals which were a terrific value for what we received. Check in was quick and efficient. The Elf tuck in was very cute and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the elves. We used one of our dining vouchers for breakfast which was served as a buffet in the Gardens Restaurant...good but not great. We did eat dinner using our other dining vouchers in the Gardens Restaurant and it was terrific. We highly recommend the ribeye steak which came with a baked potato and salad and the chocolate cake we shared for dessert as both were fantastic. Waitresses for both meals were great. We loved the Elf Workshop...easy to spend an afternoon making crafts (several different stations: ornaments, jewlery, paper bag decoration to carry what you made as well as coloring sheets) and watching Christmas movies with the kids and elves. We used included tickets to enjoy the model train museum...it shows all of Chattanooga and was really neat. Our voucher also included a free ornament and we were given a choice of several from the tree in the Depot Gift shop. We loved the free picture with Santa and the fact that we could exchange it for a credit towards one of the other packages was a very nice touch. We loved how the hotel was decorated for the holidays. We were in building 1 which has an indoor pool as well as a comfortable seating area in the lobby with a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. Our room was huge and clean with two comfortable beds. The bathroom was a little small but was well stocked with towels. We spent most of the day on Saturday exploring all of the different shops, strolling through the gardens, riding the onsite trolley and exploring the old train station which is now the lobby of the hotel where Santa held court in his sleigh for pictures as well a bar and the Gardens Restaurant. This is a pet friendly hotel with a reasonable $25 per stay pet charge...my four legged kids were treated like honored guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again if we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn