This lobby of the hotel was the train terminal in Chattanooga and has been restored magnificently. You can stay in a room that was an old railroad car. We didn't stay in one but looked and they were well done. The regular hotel rooms need some TLC. Service was good and the staff helpful. A bit out the way, but free electric bus shuttle downtown just across the street.
Ate in the two hotel restaurants--very good.
All in all, a nice 3 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn