We stayed here as part of an organised tour with Travelsphere. So we didn't get to choose our hotels. But , for interest,I did look at Tripadvisor before we went. The reviews are very mixed and I can see why. The rooms were big, very comfortable and very clean. But the site itself is a bit odd. The whole thing felt a bit deserted when we went and a little run down in parts. We went on the site trolley car which was free to guests and a good job too! The driver was clearly not that interested and the darn thing kept breaking down! We had breakfast in The Gardens on site and it was pretty good but didn't eat there at night having read the reviews on this site. We went downtown on the free shuttle and ate there instead. Some of our group ate at The Station House on site and had very mixed experiences apparently...with some loving it and some hating it! Overall it was fine...we were only there two nights but I think I would stay somewhere more central if I came back. The city itself is ok....I wouldn't have wanted to stay for longer than the 2 days we were there....we spent a day on Lookout Mountain....Ruby Falls were good, Rocky City and the Incline Railway were ok. The Art District downtown was quite nice altho we didn;t have time to go into the galleries which was a shame. Some of the group went to the aquarium and said it was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn