“If you can't appreciate the History & Service...book a motel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chattanooga Choo Choo

Chattanooga Choo Choo
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Michigan
“If you can't appreciate the History & Service...book a motel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

It's easy to find. Large sign on top.
Upon entering the main registery...WOW!!!
I had read reviews regarding this Hotel prior to booking. We stayed in Building #1 with the indoor pool. There was a 'musty' smell in the hall. Plus right outside our door, the roof had leaked and buckets were set out to catch the water. I hesitated to type this, because I really do not want to put people off to this gem. You bet I'll be back!
Perhaps buildings #2 & #3 do not have the musty smell-no indoor pool. The pool by the way was big, uniquely shaped and warm (this from a person who does NOT DO cold pools! lol.)
The staff were helpful, friendly, knowledgable, and very prompt on requests. The food. OMG! The food!!! Yummm :)

The grounds were well cared for, beautiful. The Hotel is central to all the sights of Chattanooga (plus looking out my patio door at Lookout Mountain was a huge plus).

How do I write a review for this Hotel??

I loved it. Stayed two nights. Nice TV-modern conveiniences, but I would like to add this...
If you are the kind of person who demands perfection-Don't stay there. She's old. Everything was spotless-right down to the chandaliers...but she's old. I'd rather you did NOT stay there and then write a crappy review.

If you are the kind of person who appreciates character, style, ambiance, and pride from the people who work there-This is a 5 Star Hotel for you.

All this said/written. My 10yr old has already requested that we stay here again next year. He's in Florida right now-we met his Nanny & Pappa there. They are Michigan Snowbirds and it turns out that Chattanooga was the perfect place to drive him down for Spring break and do the 'exchange'. After I handed him off to Pappa...went to the lounge and had my first Manhatten drink. Just seemed right..

Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo??

1 Thank LoveKentucky
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad your are the kind of person who appreciates character, style, ambiance, and pride from the people who work at the Choo Choo. A 5 Star rating for our Hotel is awesome! Pardon me Boy---Please bring your 10 year old back to the Choo Choo.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Recently I stayed at the Chatanooga Choo Choo for a bachelor party with some friends. We had very nice clean rooms with all of the necessary amenities. The breakfast was incredible as well as their service and staff. The next time I am in Chattanooga I will definitely be staying here again. What a great experience!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Thanks for wanting to return. That’s what we like to hear, and we hear it a lot.

Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in hotel #3. The room was large, but it seemed like it was missing some furniture. But maybe not. The were alot a tv channels which was a plus on a rainy weekend. The front dest did call and check on us which I thought was nice. This wasn't the best hotel I have ever stayed at, and it wasn't the worst. The location was great for downtown activities. It is an older hotel please remember that.

Room Tip: try to stay in hotel # 1
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thanks for your review. We are never satisfied with average at our hotel. The building you stayed in has very large rooms and extremely spacious. Thanks for your comments about the front desk. We are older, however, we have an annual maintenance and landscaping operations budget of about $900,000! That does not count the capital expenditures we have annually. We hope you return to the Choo Choo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed on 3/17 in a room with 2 double beds. The service was very good at the front desk and the lobby is stunning. The room is dated. It seemed clean, but it did not seem like a 3 star hotel. We did not have time to use the pool, but my children would like to stop again so that we can utilize it. It looked very nice. The restaurants sounded good, but we did not have time to try them. I would stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thanks for your 4 out of 5 rating! In February , we were been inspected by AAA and received a strong 3 Star rating! They were very pleased with our capital improvements, as well as our new amenities. We are about 50% finished with Building 2 renovation. I am unsure as to which building you stayed in, but perhaps next time, you can bring your children back to enjoy one of our unique train car rooms. We look forward to your return visit.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed at the Choo Choo while making a trip to Chattanooga to visit family. From the moment you walk in the door, you are transferred back to a place and time that is pure nostalgia! We checked in rather late and was pleasantly greeted and checked in by a gentleman working the front desk who was friendly, kind and informative. The grounds are beautiful and definitely a place you want to spend time in and look around. The room was spacious, had nice amenities and with no outside noise.....it made for a great nights sleep. Parking is convenient and complimentary. The location is wonderful for visiting local attractions and downtown. I've stayed at other major hotels chains in downtown Chattanooga, but none had the entire package that the Choo Choo does!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lc31458
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. We do have a lot to offer on our complex. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the grounds and utilize the other venues on our property. It is always great to hear wonderful comments about our staff. We are the only major hotel downtown that has free parking. Thank you for choosing our hotel over other major hotel chains in our area. That means a lot to us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed in the train cars with our 3 little boys (2, 5, and 7). They were bouncing off the walls with excitement. Cars were really neat, although they got a little humid inside with heavy rain outside. Breakfast was good. Especially the fried French toast sticks. I think my 7 year old ate like 10 of them. Reception was very helpful getting us two adjoining train cars, even though we hadn't booked that originally.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Train car rooms are very popular with young and old alike. I am so glad that your children enjoyed their experience. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast choices. I will certainly pass that along to our Food and Beverage department. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We hear similar comments as yours time and time again. Bring your 3 boys back soon for another great experience!
All the Best
Big Canoe, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

We recently stayed at the Choo Choo with our five year old grandson. His seven and two year old brothers were in the next car with their parents. We all had a great time. The kids loved it, checking out everything in both cars, excited to be staying in a train car. And the adults enjoyed it too. A breakfast was included, with the kids eating free. The food was good and it appealed to the children as well as the adults.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all, thank you for your patronage. As a grandparent, I can appreciate the children having a good time. I am thrilled to know that everyone enjoyed the railcar rooms. They are very popular and have been for many years. We look forward to another great visit at the Choo Choo with your grandkids.