It's easy to find. Large sign on top.
Upon entering the main registery...WOW!!!
I had read reviews regarding this Hotel prior to booking. We stayed in Building #1 with the indoor pool. There was a 'musty' smell in the hall. Plus right outside our door, the roof had leaked and buckets were set out to catch the water. I hesitated to type this, because I really do not want to put people off to this gem. You bet I'll be back!
Perhaps buildings #2 & #3 do not have the musty smell-no indoor pool. The pool by the way was big, uniquely shaped and warm (this from a person who does NOT DO cold pools! lol.)
The staff were helpful, friendly, knowledgable, and very prompt on requests. The food. OMG! The food!!! Yummm :)
The grounds were well cared for, beautiful. The Hotel is central to all the sights of Chattanooga (plus looking out my patio door at Lookout Mountain was a huge plus).
How do I write a review for this Hotel??
I loved it. Stayed two nights. Nice TV-modern conveiniences, but I would like to add this...
If you are the kind of person who demands perfection-Don't stay there. She's old. Everything was spotless-right down to the chandaliers...but she's old. I'd rather you did NOT stay there and then write a crappy review.
If you are the kind of person who appreciates character, style, ambiance, and pride from the people who work there-This is a 5 Star Hotel for you.
All this said/written. My 10yr old has already requested that we stay here again next year. He's in Florida right now-we met his Nanny & Pappa there. They are Michigan Snowbirds and it turns out that Chattanooga was the perfect place to drive him down for Spring break and do the 'exchange'. After I handed him off to Pappa...went to the lounge and had my first Manhatten drink. Just seemed right..
Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn