“Surprisingly Well Pleased w/Not So Typical Hampton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75

Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Ranked #48 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
HSV, AL
“Surprisingly Well Pleased w/Not So Typical Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

This is not your typical Hampton because it has utdoor access to rooms but same nice comfy beds; clean rooms; wonderful bfast selection(for a hotel). nice pool. staff very nice and friendly. rates very resonable and cheaper than most while still being a nice place to stay. didnt mind the outdoor access because we stayed in a room that was close to the lobby and was easily accessible and walkway covered. std rooms dont have frig/mic though. still worth the money. about 1/2 mile from hampton place mall. about 10 min from downtown attractions.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
West Central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

We spend 1 night - renting 2 rooms both on our trip to Orlando and another 2 rooms upon our return through Chattanooga. We had no concerns about returning there 10 days after our initial visit. Found the rooms to be clean although it is an older hotel and there is some wear showing. Everything was repaired giving us the impression the hotel was serious about maintaining the infastructure. The breakfast wasn't as varied as other Hamptons I've been to but more then adequate for our needs. Rooms didn't seem as spacious as some Hamptons I've been to. Parking is free and usually available right in front of your room. AC worked well, not a bit noisey. Seemed to be in a fairly upbeat area so no concerns about safety. I had no reservations about walking from a restaurant we ate at close to hotel back to our room with our 8 year old granddaughter. There is a pool - didn't use but seemed clean enough.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RetiredIllinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We choose this hotel because it was right off of I-75 and it was our "half way" stopping point between Michigan and Florida. I will say that the bedding in the room was 5 star. It was just as nice and comfortable as some $200 a night rooms I have stayed in. The breakfast was also five star: staff cleaning tables and filling buffet as guests left, different flavors of coffee, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereals, juices, bagels, muffins etc. They even had "to-go" breakfast bags for people that just wanted to get their food and head out. They offer free in-room wireless internet which was nice and have 2 computers with a printer in the lobby. The workout room was musty, smelly, and seemingly "dirty" and only offered a broken stairstepper, a treadmill, a bike, and some free weights. The hotel room itself (especially the carpet and bathroom) also had that "dirty,musty" feel to it. The TV and the air conditioning unit didnt work properly and the mini fridge smelled like fish. If it werent for the bedding and the breakfast, this would be one of those $29.99 a night trucker hotels SERIOUSLY Also, it is the last week of May and the pool wasnt filled yet. NOT WORTH THE MONEY

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

This hotel is a good value for the money. The staff was excellent, and breakfast was nice. But it's not a high-quality hotel. There is no fridge or microwave, and the desk is cramped. I do like being able to park immediately outside my room (exterior exit). The TV is mediocre. As usual, Hampton Inn has the best (read: strongest) in-room coffee there is. I would stay here if I was paying out of my wallet (even with my wife and daughter), but not if work is paying.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Kingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

Due to a car accident involving my son, we needed a place to stay for one night. I spotted the Hampton as we exited the Interstate and, based on previous positive experiences, decided to stay there. The staff were extremely pleasant and when they learned about the circumstances surrounding our stay, they were immediately concerned about our welfare and gave us a discounted rate even though I only inquired about the AAA rate. The room was very comfortable and very clean. I felt safe even though there were exterior corridors. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and the Hampton chain, to anyone.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness
  • Disliked — Exterior corridor
  • Stayed December 2008
st. louis, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was a great hotel. From the time we checked in until the time we left the staff was friendly and polite. The room was so comfortable in size and furniture. The bed was comfortable, it was like sleeping in my own bed. The room was cleaned and restocked with fresh towels everyday without question.The breakfast was about average for a hotel. Even though it says airport in the name, we were not disturbed by loud planes taking off. In fact we didn't see but one plane the entire 5 days we were there. The hotel was right off I-75. Many restaurants were within walking distance, which was nice after our long drive. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Liked — Quality for price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

I chose the hotel for its affordable price, as I had to stay in Chattanooga for five nights. An earlier reviewer said that the rooms here all have external "motel-style" entrances, so that's what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised that they situated me to the back of the property in a building with locked outer doors and and my room door opening to the inner hallway.

The place was generally quiet, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've used at a hotel. The cleaning staff were cheerful and friendly, and very helpful. They noticed that my bathtub had a slow drain and called in a repair order. The guy was there in under 20 minutes to fix it.

The breakfasts were excellent, and front desk folk were helpful.

The only annoying moment was when a bunch of kids were staying over the weekend and found it amusing to run up and down the hallways and stairwells at midnight. But a call to the front desk brought quick results.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008