“Good value for the money”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Ranked #57 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This hotel is a good value for the money. The staff was excellent, and breakfast was nice. But it's not a high-quality hotel. There is no fridge or microwave, and the desk is cramped. I do like being able to park immediately outside my room (exterior exit). The TV is mediocre. As usual, Hampton Inn has the best (read: strongest) in-room coffee there is. I would stay here if I was paying out of my wallet (even with my wife and daughter), but not if work is paying.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Due to a car accident involving my son, we needed a place to stay for one night. I spotted the Hampton as we exited the Interstate and, based on previous positive experiences, decided to stay there. The staff were extremely pleasant and when they learned about the circumstances surrounding our stay, they were immediately concerned about our welfare and gave us a discounted rate even though I only inquired about the AAA rate. The room was very comfortable and very clean. I felt safe even though there were exterior corridors. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and the Hampton chain, to anyone.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness
  • Disliked — Exterior corridor
  • Stayed December 2008
st. louis, mo
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was a great hotel. From the time we checked in until the time we left the staff was friendly and polite. The room was so comfortable in size and furniture. The bed was comfortable, it was like sleeping in my own bed. The room was cleaned and restocked with fresh towels everyday without question.The breakfast was about average for a hotel. Even though it says airport in the name, we were not disturbed by loud planes taking off. In fact we didn't see but one plane the entire 5 days we were there. The hotel was right off I-75. Many restaurants were within walking distance, which was nice after our long drive. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Liked — Quality for price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I chose the hotel for its affordable price, as I had to stay in Chattanooga for five nights. An earlier reviewer said that the rooms here all have external "motel-style" entrances, so that's what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised that they situated me to the back of the property in a building with locked outer doors and and my room door opening to the inner hallway.

The place was generally quiet, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've used at a hotel. The cleaning staff were cheerful and friendly, and very helpful. They noticed that my bathtub had a slow drain and called in a repair order. The guy was there in under 20 minutes to fix it.

The breakfasts were excellent, and front desk folk were helpful.

The only annoying moment was when a bunch of kids were staying over the weekend and found it amusing to run up and down the hallways and stairwells at midnight. But a call to the front desk brought quick results.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008
Hartford, CT
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I stayed at the Chattanooga Hampton Inn while traveling on business. I selected this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and shopping, free airport shuttle service and past positve experience with Hampton Inns. I was surprised when I arrived to find a two story hotel with exterior doors that did not look like a typical Hampton Inn. The women at the front desk however offered me an interior room in the back buliding, which sat off the road. I appreciated the interior room, but found it somewhat inconvenient as it didn't connect to the lobby. My room on the second floor appeared to be recently remodeled. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The fitness room was located in this buliding and although the equipment was adequate, the room was small and had an exterior glass door that faced the parking lot. The breakfast buffet was very good and included fresh fruit , pasteries, hot breakfast items, cereals and yogurts.

The highlight of the hotel was the exceptional hotel staff. Everyone I encountered was very friendly and accomodating.

Overall, the hotel was clean and convenient and given the complimentary breakfast, free parking and shuttle service, a good value in the Chattanooga area.

• Liked — The hotel staff
  • Disliked — Hotel layout-bulidings not connected to the lobby
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Baileygirl24
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Disappointed to find out the rooms did not have inside hallways but were outdoors. The hotel has been refurbished nicely, the staff was very kind and upbeat, the breakfast was one of the best I've seen at hotels. The downside was (and is not really the fault of the hotel) there was a man outside that stood and stared at me as I used the gym equipment. (This hotel is not in a bad area and there are many hotels off this sidestreet near the freeway).When I went to my car, he started walking towards me and I got into my car and locked the doors. I figured he was mentally ill and about to ask for money. I suppose that could happen at any hotel but I did not feel safe with the rooms outside instead of with interior hallways. Plenty of restaurants right there, Cracker Barrel and the mall across the freeway.
Have stayed in many of the hotels in this area and many are well worn and in need of refurbishing (Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express). Many of them are quite expensive for a budget motel $80 to $90 and the Hampton had a cost of $72 with my AARP but the taxes came to $15 more.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank LaurieSusan
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I am writing this review from the Hampton on Shallowford, so that the impressions would be fresh in my mind. It's just this side of acceptable, basically...that's why I'm not going barefoot here. If you prefer to stay in hotels with interior corridors, go to the Hilton Garden Inn about 100 yards from here, or stay at the Staybridge SUites that's just about ready to open next door. I'm paying $77 for this room, but if I paid $99 somewhere else, I'd be happy to spend that extra amount. Stay here because of the rate, or because of the location, but don't stay here because you want a great experience, because you may not have one.

Stayed October 2007