“disappointment”

Ranked #54 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
United States
“disappointment”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the pool and continental breakfast. The hotel had no roll aways to offer, but luckily we had a sleeping bag with us so my son slept on the floor with that. The comforters on the beds were very lumpy. But they did have very convenient outlets with USB ports.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Morristown, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We were treated very well at the front desk the staff was very helpful friendly as well as knowledgeable of the town and local sights our stay has been very pleasant and the morning breakfast was actually better then I most of the other hampton inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Brent thank you for taking the time to let other travelers how your stay went. When I read your comments it really embodied the goals our team tries to achieve, providing great service, a clean room and good value. Thank you for being our customer and we hope you will stay with us in the near future. We would be honored if you were our guest.
United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed for a few days and will definitely stay again. The room I had was extremely clean when I arrived. It was inviting and comfortable. After a great breakfast with the very friendly Kelly, I walked back to my room as Meredith, the very cheerful housekeeper, was finishing cleaning. She did an excellent job making my room sparkle!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wow, Thanks for recognizing our team members by name. It will make their day when I tell them they were specifically mentioned in your critique of our hotel. Kelly and Meredith definitely embody what we are all about, great service, smiles. I will be sure to reward their efforts. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yes, the Hampton Inn on Shallowford Road is an older Hampton Inn. It consist of 4 buildings three of which are the earlier style with the doors facing outside and one building with the doors facing a central hall inside. I was on the second floor of the building with the inside corridor.

The room was clean as I would expect. Instead of the normal bottle of water and pack of crackers, there was a double decker Moon Pie waiting in the room. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good but the person attending the breakfast was real outgoing and made for a good start for the day. There were a few older people there and he made sure they got what the needed without much trouble.

Now for the minuses, the corridor on the second floor was very warm. This could have been because the weather up to this point had been very unseasonably cool but still it was about 82 degrees. The air conditioner in the room was noisy (it sounded as if the compressor was lose) and I did say something when I checked out. Also, the room temperature varied across the room. It was very cool near the window/HVAC unit and got progressively warmer as you got closer to the door. The temperature at the door/bathroom never was as warm as it was in the all but you could tell there was about a 10 degree difference across the room. The phones message waiting light was flashing even though there was no message, and that was also reported.

Would I stay there again? Yes, the management is trying to keep the place in good condition and it is very handy for what I needed it for.

TIP: Shallowford is always busy. Making the left out of the hotel parking area can be problem so if you make the right, this will lead you to Lee Highway/US 64 which from there you can make the left or right and that parallels I-75.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you noticed and hopefully enjoyed the Moon Pie. We are approaching the 100 anniversary of that tasty treat that is made in Chattanooga. We are sorry the hallway to our interior building was not working. We are in the process of changing that unit out as it did not survive the winter. We have been fortunate that the weather has been very mild this year. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. All of our team members are committed to provide a clean comfortable room, great value and great service. Our team has been together many years and do a great job. I will be sure to share your survey with them. We hope to see you again if you are in the area we appreciate you as a customer.
CROMWELL
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We only stayed here one night but found that the hotel lived up to its name. This is a smoking hotel (which we were looking for) and it was a short distance off the highway. I found the rooms to be quite clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was great, as is all Hampton Inns. Very attentive staff-both at the front desk and the servers at breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experiences at our hotel. We certainly thank you for all your kind words especially about the service level you received from our team. I will be sure to share them at our daily team meetings. I know it will make them feel good that we took good care of you, even if it was just one night. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will be sure to stay with us again. Thank you.
Naples, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

While reception and eating areas were well attended and maintained, my guest room fell far short of quality expected at Hampton Inn. Noise from adjoining room was unacceptable even though my neighbors were acting normally. Service and personnel were attentive and service oriented.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your assessment on our hotel Warren. We are an older Hampton Inn, but we do keep up with all the Hampton Inn Standards and we make a great effort to provide great service, clean rooms, a good breakfast, and hopefully a great value for our customers. I will be sure to share your comments with our ownership group and most importantly our team members, they do like to hear feedback. Thank you for your honest basement of our hotel.
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you need a short or overnight stay without the ambiance then this is the place for you. This hotel is inexpensive. Please note that this is NOT the usual Hampton Inn quality as you would expect. The rooms are not very private. All entrances to room are from the balcony. I would give this an average rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guest know how your stay went. We appreciate your honest assessment of our hotel. You are correct in stating we are inexpensive, and lacking the ambiance of some of the new hotels. We do maintain all Hampton Inn Standards and try our best to exceed guest expectation with the service levels we provide. We hope this equates to a great value to our guest. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to serving you in the future for your Chattanooga Stop over.