“Very clean rooms!!”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed for a few days and will definitely stay again. The room I had was extremely clean when I arrived. It was inviting and comfortable. After a great breakfast with the very friendly Kelly, I walked back to my room as Meredith, the very cheerful housekeeper, was finishing cleaning. She did an excellent job making my room sparkle!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Wow, Thanks for recognizing our team members by name. It will make their day when I tell them they were specifically mentioned in your critique of our hotel. Kelly and Meredith definitely embody what we are all about, great service, smiles. I will be sure to reward their efforts. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yes, the Hampton Inn on Shallowford Road is an older Hampton Inn. It consist of 4 buildings three of which are the earlier style with the doors facing outside and one building with the doors facing a central hall inside. I was on the second floor of the building with the inside corridor.

The room was clean as I would expect. Instead of the normal bottle of water and pack of crackers, there was a double decker Moon Pie waiting in the room. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good but the person attending the breakfast was real outgoing and made for a good start for the day. There were a few older people there and he made sure they got what the needed without much trouble.

Now for the minuses, the corridor on the second floor was very warm. This could have been because the weather up to this point had been very unseasonably cool but still it was about 82 degrees. The air conditioner in the room was noisy (it sounded as if the compressor was lose) and I did say something when I checked out. Also, the room temperature varied across the room. It was very cool near the window/HVAC unit and got progressively warmer as you got closer to the door. The temperature at the door/bathroom never was as warm as it was in the all but you could tell there was about a 10 degree difference across the room. The phones message waiting light was flashing even though there was no message, and that was also reported.

Would I stay there again? Yes, the management is trying to keep the place in good condition and it is very handy for what I needed it for.

TIP: Shallowford is always busy. Making the left out of the hotel parking area can be problem so if you make the right, this will lead you to Lee Highway/US 64 which from there you can make the left or right and that parallels I-75.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We are glad you noticed and hopefully enjoyed the Moon Pie. We are approaching the 100 anniversary of that tasty treat that is made in Chattanooga. We are sorry the hallway to our interior building was not working. We are in the process of changing that unit out as it did not survive the winter. We have been fortunate that the weather has been very mild this year. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. All of our team members are committed to provide a clean comfortable room, great value and great service. Our team has been together many years and do a great job. I will be sure to share your survey with them. We hope to see you again if you are in the area we appreciate you as a customer.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We only stayed here one night but found that the hotel lived up to its name. This is a smoking hotel (which we were looking for) and it was a short distance off the highway. I found the rooms to be quite clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was great, as is all Hampton Inns. Very attentive staff-both at the front desk and the servers at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experiences at our hotel. We certainly thank you for all your kind words especially about the service level you received from our team. I will be sure to share them at our daily team meetings. I know it will make them feel good that we took good care of you, even if it was just one night. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will be sure to stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

While reception and eating areas were well attended and maintained, my guest room fell far short of quality expected at Hampton Inn. Noise from adjoining room was unacceptable even though my neighbors were acting normally. Service and personnel were attentive and service oriented.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your assessment on our hotel Warren. We are an older Hampton Inn, but we do keep up with all the Hampton Inn Standards and we make a great effort to provide great service, clean rooms, a good breakfast, and hopefully a great value for our customers. I will be sure to share your comments with our ownership group and most importantly our team members, they do like to hear feedback. Thank you for your honest basement of our hotel.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you need a short or overnight stay without the ambiance then this is the place for you. This hotel is inexpensive. Please note that this is NOT the usual Hampton Inn quality as you would expect. The rooms are not very private. All entrances to room are from the balcony. I would give this an average rating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guest know how your stay went. We appreciate your honest assessment of our hotel. You are correct in stating we are inexpensive, and lacking the ambiance of some of the new hotels. We do maintain all Hampton Inn Standards and try our best to exceed guest expectation with the service levels we provide. We hope this equates to a great value to our guest. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to serving you in the future for your Chattanooga Stop over.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Attention to detail was very obvious at this Hampton. The staff, especially the front desk and breakfast servers were so helpful and attentative. They were that way with everyone, even the Grumpy people who they turned around with their humor. I've stayed there for two weeks in a row for my business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words. It is reassuring to know our staff is doing what it takes to make all guest happy. I have shared your review with our staff at our daily pep rally and have rewarded our breakfast staff, (they are awesome!). We know you have lots of choices when staying at our exit and glad to see you as a repeat guest. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

First the good - the staff are wonderful and the breakfast was the same at any Hampton Inn. The computer for public use is fast and easy to use.

The bad - after waiting 35 mins. in the cold I, an elderly woman standing alone outside the baggage area, became nervous and called again to the hotel to see why my promised shuttle never arrived. They told me to take a taxi and that they would pay for it. This they did. Next I was directed to my room which involved walking outside past dozens of rooms, some with doors standing open and people milling around inside, to get to my building. I did not feel safe at all! Then there was the room. The A/C was extremely loud and repeatedly cut off and on making it impossible to stay asleep. I turned the TV on just loud enough to take the edge off the A/C noise. Then in the middle of the night the TV turned off by itself!!! After that I tried and found it impossible to sleep and just got up at 4:30.

It is a very old hotel and I think it should just be torn down and a newer style put in it's place. Everything is dated and not even worth a re-model due to the basic building design. I usually really enjoy staying at Hampton Inn.

Oh. One more nice thing - a "Moon Pie" left for me in the room and free bottles of water available.

Room Tip: A better choice still in the Hilton family would be the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cyzanzubi

Thank you for your honest review. I am very sorry our van service was not available for you at the time of your arrival. I definitely can understand the uncomfortable feeling you experienced. We are an older hotel, but we do our best to provide great service and always keep up with all the standards the all Hampton Inn's must maintain. We also are able to provide a better price than the newer hotels and hopefully create more value for our guest. With that being said, we do appreciate you review and staying with us. It is also nice to know you like all the Hilton Products, we have something for everybody. Thank you.