“Hampton Inn Chattanooga Airport”

Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you need a short or overnight stay without the ambiance then this is the place for you. This hotel is inexpensive. Please note that this is NOT the usual Hampton Inn quality as you would expect. The rooms are not very private. All entrances to room are from the balcony. I would give this an average rating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let our future guest know how your stay went. We appreciate your honest assessment of our hotel. You are correct in stating we are inexpensive, and lacking the ambiance of some of the new hotels. We do maintain all Hampton Inn Standards and try our best to exceed guest expectation with the service levels we provide. We hope this equates to a great value to our guest. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to serving you in the future for your Chattanooga Stop over.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Attention to detail was very obvious at this Hampton. The staff, especially the front desk and breakfast servers were so helpful and attentative. They were that way with everyone, even the Grumpy people who they turned around with their humor. I've stayed there for two weeks in a row for my business.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words. It is reassuring to know our staff is doing what it takes to make all guest happy. I have shared your review with our staff at our daily pep rally and have rewarded our breakfast staff, (they are awesome!). We know you have lots of choices when staying at our exit and glad to see you as a repeat guest. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

First the good - the staff are wonderful and the breakfast was the same at any Hampton Inn. The computer for public use is fast and easy to use.

The bad - after waiting 35 mins. in the cold I, an elderly woman standing alone outside the baggage area, became nervous and called again to the hotel to see why my promised shuttle never arrived. They told me to take a taxi and that they would pay for it. This they did. Next I was directed to my room which involved walking outside past dozens of rooms, some with doors standing open and people milling around inside, to get to my building. I did not feel safe at all! Then there was the room. The A/C was extremely loud and repeatedly cut off and on making it impossible to stay asleep. I turned the TV on just loud enough to take the edge off the A/C noise. Then in the middle of the night the TV turned off by itself!!! After that I tried and found it impossible to sleep and just got up at 4:30.

It is a very old hotel and I think it should just be torn down and a newer style put in it's place. Everything is dated and not even worth a re-model due to the basic building design. I usually really enjoy staying at Hampton Inn.

Oh. One more nice thing - a "Moon Pie" left for me in the room and free bottles of water available.

Room Tip: A better choice still in the Hilton family would be the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cyzanzubi

Thank you for your honest review. I am very sorry our van service was not available for you at the time of your arrival. I definitely can understand the uncomfortable feeling you experienced. We are an older hotel, but we do our best to provide great service and always keep up with all the standards the all Hampton Inn's must maintain. We also are able to provide a better price than the newer hotels and hopefully create more value for our guest. With that being said, we do appreciate you review and staying with us. It is also nice to know you like all the Hilton Products, we have something for everybody. Thank you.

A TripAdvisor Member
KALAMAZOO
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this location for over 20 years. It is situated very well for my business and easy access to I-75 is a great feature. The staff has always been very helpful and the breafast is one of the best in the market.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your 20 years of being our customer. We appreciate you and the comments you have shared with our future guest. . This is what we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members. We will now begin guessing which one of our loyal customers you are. Thanks agian!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very convenient to interstate as well as shopping and restaurants. Staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. Air conditioning very good. And parking extremely convenient. We had a ground level room and no outside interference. Great experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lindy,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel and area. It is encouraging and satisfying to hear of your experience. This is what we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members. You have just put a smile on their face.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns all the time and I would not reommend this one. The staff was nice and the breakfast was just fine, but it's a motel with large windows and I just didn't feel safe. The street noise was significant and disruptive. Also, the bathroom smelled like pp and the toilet kept running so I had to turn the water off.

1  Thank Catherine O

Dear Catherine,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your candid insight to our service, breakfast and our rooms.

Thank you for recognizing our staff. They do try hard and do a great job. I also understand disappointment with our hotel. We are one of the original Hampton Inn's and our brand has evolved over 25 years. We offer interior and exterior rooms with a stand alone lobby. We do keep up the hotel and the standards that apply to all Hampton Inn's. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is really more like a motel. We had one of the rooms with an outside door. Sometimes when we opened the door the bolt lock would pop out and we'd have to use our room key to "unlock" the door before we could shut it. Breakfast was good. I forgot my razor - front desk was out too! Room was clean. Not your typical Hampton. Difficult parking lot for a bus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank blra
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated. Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.