“Never again!”

Ranked #54 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Never again!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First the good - the staff are wonderful and the breakfast was the same at any Hampton Inn. The computer for public use is fast and easy to use.

The bad - after waiting 35 mins. in the cold I, an elderly woman standing alone outside the baggage area, became nervous and called again to the hotel to see why my promised shuttle never arrived. They told me to take a taxi and that they would pay for it. This they did. Next I was directed to my room which involved walking outside past dozens of rooms, some with doors standing open and people milling around inside, to get to my building. I did not feel safe at all! Then there was the room. The A/C was extremely loud and repeatedly cut off and on making it impossible to stay asleep. I turned the TV on just loud enough to take the edge off the A/C noise. Then in the middle of the night the TV turned off by itself!!! After that I tried and found it impossible to sleep and just got up at 4:30.

It is a very old hotel and I think it should just be torn down and a newer style put in it's place. Everything is dated and not even worth a re-model due to the basic building design. I usually really enjoy staying at Hampton Inn.

Oh. One more nice thing - a "Moon Pie" left for me in the room and free bottles of water available.

Room Tip: A better choice still in the Hilton family would be the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cyzanzubi
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. I am very sorry our van service was not available for you at the time of your arrival. I definitely can understand the uncomfortable feeling you experienced. We are an older hotel, but we do our best to provide great service and always keep up with all the standards the all Hampton Inn's must maintain. We also are able to provide a better price than the newer hotels and hopefully create more value for our guest. With that being said, we do appreciate you review and staying with us. It is also nice to know you like all the Hilton Products, we have something for everybody. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this location for over 20 years. It is situated very well for my business and easy access to I-75 is a great feature. The staff has always been very helpful and the breafast is one of the best in the market.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your 20 years of being our customer. We appreciate you and the comments you have shared with our future guest. . This is what we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members. We will now begin guessing which one of our loyal customers you are. Thanks agian!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very convenient to interstate as well as shopping and restaurants. Staff friendly and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. Air conditioning very good. And parking extremely convenient. We had a ground level room and no outside interference. Great experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindy,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel and area. It is encouraging and satisfying to hear of your experience. This is what we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with our team members. You have just put a smile on their face.
Evanston
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns all the time and I would not reommend this one. The staff was nice and the breakfast was just fine, but it's a motel with large windows and I just didn't feel safe. The street noise was significant and disruptive. Also, the bathroom smelled like pp and the toilet kept running so I had to turn the water off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Catherine O
Dear Catherine,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your candid insight to our service, breakfast and our rooms.

Thank you for recognizing our staff. They do try hard and do a great job. I also understand disappointment with our hotel. We are one of the original Hampton Inn's and our brand has evolved over 25 years. We offer interior and exterior rooms with a stand alone lobby. We do keep up the hotel and the standards that apply to all Hampton Inn's. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Dresden, Tennessee
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is really more like a motel. We had one of the rooms with an outside door. Sometimes when we opened the door the bolt lock would pop out and we'd have to use our room key to "unlock" the door before we could shut it. Breakfast was good. I forgot my razor - front desk was out too! Room was clean. Not your typical Hampton. Difficult parking lot for a bus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank blgraves
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated. Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.
Brookville, Indiana
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here overnight with our two kids on our way from Indiana to Disney World. After a long day of travel, we just needed a clean place to sleep. I have no complaints with this hotel. Maybe it's not the fanciest place I've ever stayed, but for the price, it was a bargain! The room was very clean and confortable. The decor was nice and modern. I didn't see anything old or outdated. The breakfast was very good. The bacon was AWESOME!!!...thin and crispy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overrall, a very good stay. I would definitely consider staying here again when in Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Some rooms are outside (exterior corridor), some are inside (interior hall). Your choice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We will be sure to recoginize our housekeeping and breakfast team based upon your comments. We have a great staff and I know they will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on future on your next Disney trip!
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Older Hampton Inn with doors opening to the outside. Definitely in need of a makeover but okay for a quick night's stay. Located just off I-75 with plenty of eateries within a block's distance. Front desk service was commendable with a decent military discount. Not my first choice next time in town, but would stay here again if necessary.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. Your comments and recognition of our team are very insightful and helpful to our hotel. We will be sure to share them with our team and owners. We do know you have plenty of choices today, and truly hope you will visit us again in the future. Thanks again!