“Great Stay!”

Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a weekend. It is in a good area and is well maintained. Housekeeping does a great job. We were able to get a room in the one building with an interior hall and doors. The other sections have exterior doors. The breakfast is great. They have a nice variety of foods from yogurt, cereal and danish to omelets, sausage, hashbrowns, biscuits, etc. We had a king room which included a sofa, coffee table, large table/desk and a small refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom is well equipped with plenty of towels and other necessities. There is only a stand up shower - no tub. The shower had a bowed shower curtain rod to keep the shower curtain out of your way when you shower. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Upon finding ourselves stranded at the Chattanooga airport after a cancelled flight, we were directed to the Shallowford area for convenience when returning for our 6 a.m. rescheduled flight. There are five or six hotels in a row here, including one under construction, and we settled on this Hampton Inn based on price and avoidance of another chain. The $80 rate was more than I would have liked to pay, but worth avoiding the hassle of prolonging our evening. The check-in employee was friendly and helpful at 10 p.m., the bed was comfortable, and we were given a brown-bag breakfast for our early morning, including an apple and a bottle of water. For our purposes it was more than sufficient, and nothing negative stands out in memory.

Room Tip: There are hall-access rooms and exterior-access rooms; ask for hall-access for a little more securit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank amcrdr
Nashville, TN
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night July 21, 2012 after rafting the Ocoee river. The hotel is clean and comfortable. You need to know that most of the hotel is a remodeled motel with the doors on the outside. We got a room in the interior doors section so ask for that when making a reservation if it makes you feel safer. The hotel is just across the interstate from every restaurant, store, movie theater etc. that you could want. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request the interior hotel part when making your reservation. Most of the rooms have exterior doors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NashvilleTNGuy
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights July 5-9. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean. The breakfast was good, my husband enjoyed it every morning. The only complaint; the clerk that checked us in asked for a credit card for incidentals. When he swiped our debit card, the hotel room was charged again on our debit card. The hotel management and Regions Bank was very helpful in getting the extra charge taken off of our debit card and the error was cleared by Saturday morning. We enjoyed also that the Hampton Mall was close by and some very good restaurants. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is not typical for Hamptons. It is a two story hotel that is spread out over a large area. I was travelling with a large group. Check in was fine except five or six in our party (including me) found that their keys would not open the doors to their rooms. This happened again two days later. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. We did not have the key cards near our cell phones. The rooms were OK- beds were very comfortable. My room had a refrigerator that never got very cold- I would keep perishable items in a cooler to be safe. The hotel served a limited hot breakfast which was welcomed. I was surprised to see only a shower (no tub) in the bathroom. The location of the hotel is near a number of restaurants and shopping. It featured a small fitness center with above-average equipment. Staff was not overly friendly. Had an elevator which helped getting luggage to second floor.

Room Tip: Rooms in rear will help avoid noise from traffic and pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lansdale
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hot breakfast is GREAT especially when traveling with other extended family members (they had other rooms). We would meet in the lobby for breakfast every morning and it did save us some money and time from going out to get something. BUT the main drawback is the room, they are outside, like motel style (I am not a fan—I think it's less safe when traveling with small kids) AND the concrete sidewalks has cracks in them about every 2 feet. No problem right, until the morning when the maids push carts up and down them starting at 3AM! Every morning I would get woken up at least 2-3 times by hearing carts being pushed over this cracks. The room was blah, not very updated. I wouldn't stay here again, even for the hot breakfast wouldn't save the drawbacks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carrie C
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2012

In most respects this motel meets all the Hampton Inn standards, but unlike every other Hampton Inn we know of this one doesn't have interior hallways. Just like in the old days, you park near your room and enter directly from outside. This can be good, if you have a first-floor room on a nice day--but in the rain it would be a problem (not just loading your car, but walking across the parking lot to the breakfast area near the lobby). It can also make the rooms noisy when a team bus is idling near your door--that's why I downgraded the Sleep Quality for this trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family