“Clean rooms”

Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Murphy, North Carolina
“Clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed one night. My room was an outside room on the first floor. The desk clerk took into account that I was a female staying alone so he took the extra step to get me an outside room where I could park my car right at my door. ( I didn't ask for that but he volunteered it! Thank you for that!!) I had no issues and slept well!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Gulf Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here on 8/9/13 for a quick 1 night stay as I drove to Michigan. The hotel is a bit outdated, the bed was hard as a board, but it also had 6 enormous fluffy pillows to make up for it. Although it wasn't quite like any other Marriott hotel I've ever stayed at as far as the caliber, it still did have some of those special amenities that only Marriott can provide. The shower was nice, the extra pillows were great, the TV was a nice modern flat screen, the room was clean, and the free breakfast in the morning was good. Needless to say, I would stay here again, but only for 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
East Point, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here in June for our anniversary trip. Returned 30 days later for the funeral of the dear friend who had celebrated our anniversary with us a month before. Her death was sudden and there was no time to look for a different hotel, so we stayed here again. Same results though: disappointed. We got a queen room (only one queen bed, mind you). The bathroom was still suffocatingly small. Very difficult to maneuver if you are larger than a size 2. I think a size 2 may feel claustrophobic though. Never did try the complimentary breakfast. We just walked the few steps to Cracker Barrel. There are at least 10 other hotel chains next to or across the street from Fairfield. We've written down their names and will contact them in the future. Shame on Marriott!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or restaurant. There is no refrigerator or microwave either. Senior Citiz...
Baytown, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in a Marriott property that was so poor. The rooms were very cramped and the carpet was dirty. My granddaughter got sick the next day and I know it was from the room. Also, the bathroom was so small one had to shut the door to use the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldChattanooga, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing about your stay with us. Dirty carpet is certainly not our standard. I hope you contacted the front desk so that we could make it right with you. We certainly want to correct the issue so that it doesn't affect any future guests. We strive to maintain the condition of all the items in the rooms and like to know when there's something we can do better to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The materials says there is a laundry room on site. It is wrong. We had to go to local laudromat to get our clothes washed. They also need an exercise facility. Just a room with a treadmill or 2 would be great. The free breakfast was pretty much the same as elsewhere. Waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, etc.

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant. However, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We don't offer a laundry or fitness facility on site, and I'm very sorry that you were told otherwise. We are one of the first generations of Fairfield Inn's built, so we are a limited service hotel. We have many people that stay with us that enjoy the Marriott experience at a better value than full service properties. Thank you for sharing your comments.
Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was just OK. The rooms were very small and the bathroom was a joke. I expected more from a Marriott hotel. This was my first stay at a Fairfield (I normally stay at Hamptons), and sadly, it will probably be my last.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The pictures showed a very modern, clean and spacious looking hotel, however this was not my experience. My family and I stayed 2 nights (2 adults & 3 boys). The room was small & crowded with furniture. The bathroom was tight and seemed like an afterthought. Standing at the sink and touching the toilet at the same time - gross. The air conditioner had to run constantly to combat the damp smell. Sleeping was difficult as the air conditioner made certain that everyone in the room knew it was turning on... everytime. The beds were standard, great clean white sheets, very plump pillows, slightly better than the floor mattress. Breakfast - free & ok. They needed another waffle maker without a doubt. Great restaurants within walking distance - a plus.

All in all, it was a cheap place to sleep and regroup after a long day with the family, not terribly comfy for my over forty body, but the kids slept peacefully and were happy.

1 Thank Christey O