“So-So”

Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #36 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on the interstate side and there was a lot of traffic noise that was drowned out by the fan. If the fan is not on, I believe it would be impossible to sleep through the noise. There is hardly any counter space in bathroom, but there is very good water pressure and plenty of hot water. We were in a first floor room with outside access which feels a little like a cheap motel, but we were able to park right in front of our door and my husband liked being able to step outside and smoke (which is why I believe he chose this hotel as there are LOTS of others in this immediate area). I don't think I would stay here again, but if I had to, it would be okay. I would definately ask for a room as far from the interstate as possible.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janie258
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending an event at B. T. Washington State Park. This is an older hotel which has had some wear and tear but which evidently has a good maintenance staff. Service was good. The front desk had our reservation and got us checked in with no problems. The breakfast (included in the tariff,) was completely ready at 6:00AM (as advertised) both on Saturday and Sunday, which is not always the case in less expensive accommodations. The hotel was clean, everything worked, and no odd smells were noted. The linens were clean, though the towels in the bathroom were not as plush as one might prefer. Our 3rd-floor room was quiet. First and second floor rooms have outside entrances, and may be less so. Check out was quick and easy, and a copy of our statement was hanging on our doorknob when we got up on Sunday.

We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms open onto an interior hall, first and second floor rooms open onto a sheltered out...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been to this hotel and never a dull night. Very accessible to all the events the city had to offer. Shopping is nearby along with places to eat. We had a great Labor Day weekend. Internet access was a breeze with bot laptop and cell phone. This is a must stay place when one is in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews, wasn't sure what to expect. Our experience was a very good one! Found a friendly, helpful staff, a comfortable bed with soft sheets and good pillows, a great shower, and everything was easy access! Room was small but very clean. Turned up AC, so traffic noise was not a problem. Will stay again, if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Located in a Row full of Other Hotels. Very economic Stay. No Frills. At the Time I booked The rate was $85.00 Not bad for a Place to Lay your Head Down. I even left for a Day and Left My Truck and Trailer there Until The A day later when we returned and stayed another Night. If you are not Looking to be Downtown and Spend a lot more Money this I would Recommend.

Room Tip: Always try and Stay on the Lower floors!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice smaller hotel. Bottom 2 floors are outside access. 3rd floor is inside. We always want inside so make sure you ask when booking. the room is small but nicely decorated. The bathroom is also compact. The breakfast is great! Nice little lobby and cookies in the afternoon.
No fitness center on the premises, but a free pass to Rush 1/2 mile away was FANTASTIC.

Room Tip: upper floor is inside access.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tssweety
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had no complaints about my recent stay. I thought long and hard about whether to assign a score of three or four to this place and was wishing for a 3.5 choice. The only reason I went with a three is that I have given better places than this a four so it didn't seem fair to give this motel the same score.

This is an older motel and the rooms are small but there is enough space for two people to be comfortable for a night or two. I could tell there had been a recent remodel as everything seemed nice and new. The motel was originally two floors (old outdoor access style) and a third floor with an inside corridor was added some time in the motel's life. My room was on the third floor. I did not notice a smell in the hallway and consider myself quite sensitive to smells. The AC worked great and the bed was comfortable. I did not notice any mold or dirt of any kind in the room. I did wish there was space for a small reefer or microwave in the room. The bathroom is tight as the vanity is set into a corner but there is a banjo that goes across the toilet that provides additional counter space.

Breakfast was OK. Many Fairfield's are improving their breakfast with hot items such as eggs, gravy and bacon/sausage but those enhancements had not reached Chattanooga. The OJ tasted more like a sweet orange drink than orange juice but at least it wasn't watered down. Coffee was a tad bit week. I wish Fairfield's would have a bold choice for those who like their coffee more high test.

All in all this is a fine stay for a night and I will return the next time I need an inexpensive comfortable place to stay in Chattanooga.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple