DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
  • Pool
$174
$131
  • Breakfast included
Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$76
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$70
BestWestern.com
$146
$136
1,337 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskwithin walking distancegreat hotelself parkbusiness tripbreakfast buffetvalet parkingchildren's museumrooms were very cleanstaff was very friendlytennessee aquariumwould stay here againfire pitbed was comfortableparking lot
Reviewed May 6, 2010

A clueless nerd at the front desk would not let us register because we were 20 minutes early (and our room had not been cleaned). I have stayed in over 500 hotels/motels and am ALWAYS early. He suggested we wait in the car. Fortunately an older (but not by much) and wiser associate on the desk immediately sized up the situation and assigned us to another room. The rooms were nicely decorated, albeit on the small side. The bathroom was exquisite. Common spaces are excellent, pool is 1st class, elevators very fast. Internet access fast, free and easy to use. A very quiet property. Possibly a little expensive for the casual tourist who would be better off staying in the fringe. Doubletree's rates are geared towards the business traveler with the sponsering company picking up the tab. All-in-all a very good stay. Very convenient to downtown attractions and easy access to/from I24 or US27.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank creegah
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I have been staying at the hotel every week for the last month and can't say enough good things. The rooms are very quiet, even the rooms close to the elevator. There was a convention of high school students staying at the hotel one week and you would not know it by the noise level. I never heard then in my room.

Housekeeping does an amazing job of cleaning the room and providing any requested items. Extra towels, coffee, etc are available when asked for. The front desk handles check in and check out effeciently and with a smile.

Breakfast buffet is a deal with made to order eggs and a young, cheerful staff. Stop by the bar in the evening and let Dawn pour you a drink. She is always pleasant and a good source of information on were to eat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasTraveler0
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We just returned from the Doubletree Chattanooga and it was WONDERFUL! We visited on a busy hotel weekend and could only get a smoking room. However, upon arrival, the customer service rep was able to get us into a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds on a mid-level floor, which was perfect! We arrived 30 minutes early and unfortunately, our room was not ready. So, we were given warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies, which was a welcomed site after a long drive with kids. We were also given directions to a wonderful restaurant and a coupon for 10% off at the restaurant! We were given our parking card before we even checked in, which was extremely convenient for us. When we returned to the hotel, we were met by a beautiful room, very clean and modern, with heaven-like bedding! The only downside, which we managed to deal w just fine was the breakfast, which was suitable (oatmeal and grits looked gross) but could have used a bit more variety. The only other downside was the hotel was a bit on the edge of downtown, which made the parking lot look a bit isolated. Working in law enforcement, we could see how this could become problematic. We had a pan-handler approach us out of nowhere (he had to have been hiding between cars b/c he came up too quickly) trying to run a scam about needing a fan belt for his car. It was a bit unnerving w our kids in tow, but trust, if need be, we were definitely ready to "deal" with any problems. He asked us for money, we said "no", and he went about his way. We would have liked to had seen a bit more valet/security presence in the parking lot. I believe any kind of hotel representative checking the lot occasionally would have been better than none at all. Other than that, we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank prissypapers
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I've stayed in business-class hotels all over Tennessee. I don't usually stay in Doubletrees, because they can be hit-or-miss; however, the Doubletree Chattanooga is a gem.

There is ample parking in a large, well-lit lot adjacent to the building. Access is by keycard, but it doesn't cost anything. The rooms are well-equipped, nicely-furnished, and quiet! Hotel staff is friendly and helpful without being obsequious, and the location is centrally-located if you're doing business in the Chattanooga area. It's a quick walk to nice restaurants, or you can just eat at the hotel - the food there is good too. If you're in the mood for an exercise walk, the riverwalk is just a few blocks away.

If it were my choice, this is the hotel I'd stay at when visiting Chattanooga. Sadly, my company has instituted cost controls for 2010 that prevent me from staying here, but if you can stay here, this place should be your first choice.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NeenerNeener
Reviewed December 14, 2009

The Hotel was ideally located right near my work and didn't need to worry about driving. One of my co- workers forgot toothpaste and the hotel staff ran out and picked some up and it was waiting for him after our meetings. Quick easy check in. Hotel staff forgot to include my breakfast vouchers ( my coworkers got them) but the breakfast staff fixed it without any fuss.

Great attention to detail. Only disappointing thing was I didn't have a bath tub in my room only a shower.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business