“Very good place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here two nights for a Conference. Very good accommodations, bed was very comfortable with lots of good pillows. Bathroom was a bit small but everything worked. Fridge and microwave were very nice touch too. Everyone on the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was trying to figure out what channels were available on the HDTV.

Room Tip: Really good if you are a Hilton points member and get to stay on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your conference--we-re happy to hear it was a success. We are glad to know that you also enjoyed our great amenities and services during your stay as well. Please stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

At the last minute, my husband and I chose to spend our last night in Tennessee in downtown Chattanooga. I selected this property based on price and reviews. Yes, the room was clean, but it was tiny. We barely had room for our suitcases. The furniture overpowers the room. Perhaps I had higher expectations based on the many other Doubletree hotels I have stayed in over the years.

The hotel is just a few blocks from many restaurants and the tourist attractions. The self-parking is very easy to use. The front desk staff was professional. They immediately switched us to another room when the first room we were assigned smelled of smoke. It too was very small. Overall, it was just not what I expect from a Doubletree experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebstheOne

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We are very sorry you were unhappy with size of our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're looking for a downtown hotel in Chattanooga the Hilton and Marriott chains have a number of choices on Chestnut St. We chose the Doubletree. The lobby and second floor bar H2O) and restaurant (Eleven) are pleasant places if you don't feel like going out. The wait staff were very accommodating.
Our room for two was a bit narrow, but otherwise clean and comfortable. Parking was easy.
The front desk personnel were great. Kudos to Sarah and Megan

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown for your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that our service and great amenities made your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

In downtown Chattanooga, this hotel is only two block from the kid's discovery museum, very close to the aquarium, and many, many great restaurants. Staff was very accommodating and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband was in a motorcycle accident on August 25, 2013. I realized he would be at Erlanger Trauma Center for several weeks. I used our Hilton Honor points for a couple of those weeks. The staff in all areas of my stay were amazing. The valets were so kind in always asking how my husband was doing when I would come back in at night. Especially Chris would go out of his way to let me know how much he cared and thought of my husband. The chef one day offered to help me get my car earlier as the valets were very busy. And on one of my last days there I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad and when he found they were out of the dressing, he made it from scratch and it was amazing. I stayed two more weeks after my points ran out and was sad to tell everyone goodbye. Thank you Doubletree for making a terrible situation bearable with your kindness.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that we were able to make your stay feel like home! I will pass this along to Chris and the others who were so gracious to you during your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope that your husband is making a speedy recovery. Thank you again for choosing us.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My room seemed to be very small for what Double Tree normally has # 820. Also the desk clerk sent us first to room 828. No such number. Later that evening we met a young couple on the elevator dragging their luggage back to the lobby. He said they gave him a room that didn't exist. Been there done that. I have to rate you average but for a Double Tree and Hilton I was disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience with the room situation. However, we do hope that the remaining part of your stay was a pleasure. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Chattanoooga.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was exemplary as well as the accommodations. The location was ideal, providing an easy access by foot to many restaurants, night clubs, and other attractions in Chattanooga. Additionally, the hotel location is in a very save area of the city. My only disappointment was the quality of the buffet. But, for breakfast, it did the job well enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brandi P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your great comment! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Chattanooga-Downtown. We hope you will stay with us again soon the next time you visit our area!