“Clean & Comfy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morristown, TN
“Clean & Comfy”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We were at the Doubletree for a banquet and had no intention of staying the night. East Tennessee was being wracked with some terrible thunderstorms and tornadoes and the banquet ended late, so we ended up staying after all. I had already been pretty impressed with the hotel - it was clean and the staff was very friendly. Public bathrooms were spotless with cloth hand towels. Love that! Check in was quick and easy and mmmmm, cookies!

Our room was a little on the tight side, but very clean. Sat down on the bed and knew I was going to be in heaven for the night. Quilted everything and awesome pillows. Most hotel pillows are either so thick I wake up with a sore neck or so thin I may as well not have a pillow. There were of course multiple pillow on the bed and two of them were jussssssssssstttt right!

I travel with a ton of electronics, so outlets are VERY important to me. The room had a total of 13 available. 13! And not just in inconvenient spots that would require moving all the furniture. I was able to plug in everything with no problems.

32" flat screen tv, but the Comcast cable was not great.

Bathroom was clean and very cool. Little wire racks in the shower were extremely convenient.

Parking was not the greatest, but hey, its a downtown hotel!

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
meridanville,al
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I would like to first thank the hotel and the staff for a weekend we will never forget. My husband is terrminal and this was a very special weekend. The staff made sure to help me with him,, getting me a wheel chair and helping check into and out of the room.. We had a wonderful breakfast downstairs. And ate dinner in the eleven and it was excellent. Thank you again for being so sweet..and helpful.

Room Tip: we stayed in a king and it was wonderful
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The Doubletree Hotel is much nicer inside than I expected! The decor is suitable to a more expensive hotel, and everything is very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was given an upgrade to a suite which was extremely nice! The location is excellent. The one complaint I have is the parking situation, and having to pay for this parking is somewhat disturbing. The parking lot is beside the hotel and not visable from the front entrance of the hotel. In addition, from my female perspective, since there is construction all around and no direct visibility into the parking lot from the hotel, it feels unsafe. Finally, our last day there, we returned from breakfast only to find the parking lot completely open to the public and full so we didn't have a place to park prior to checkout.
Other than the parking, I was extremely pleased. I will book this hotel for any future trips to Chattanooga.

alabama
Reviewed February 20, 2012

During the months of January and February, I travel a lot to Chattanooga. Several years ago the Hilton family of hotels opened a Doubltree in downtown Chattanooga. The hotel lobby and grounds are cozy and inviting. The rooms are 'SuperClean'! I am tough on hotels that are not clean. The entire staff is always happy and they say hello and ask if you need anything. The rooms have all the latest with flat screens granite, etc. I can find no flaws. The heated pool is always clean too. You can walk to a number of restaurants and attractions or eat at the 'Eleven' restaurant. Location - perfect. Easy on and off a major highway exit. If you miss this one, it is not my fault! Try the Aquarium 2 blocks away and do the 'River walk'.

Room Tip: Higher gets a better view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sandinmytoes2000
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Even though there was a lot of us checking in at the same time - our group of 32 and others - the staff was most efficient in getting us our rooms with an added smile saying - "would you like a chocolate chip cookie? It's warm."
We had asked for on the group rate the handicapped accessible room for the same price as the group. The question was answered with 'hearing, vision or physical accommidation. WOW never have had that before.
Room was decent but the bedskirt was awry and looked kind of trashy but the bed was most comfortable. Carpet was clean- a pet peeve of mine - and the bathroom was clean and tidy with plenty of towels although I am not a fan of having racks of towels already in place for a lot of reasons. Towel had a nice feel and were fluffy and of good quality.
The assembly room we had for the night was well set up for our group- right near the bar area so we could get drinks if we cared to.
The pool was right out side the lobby and you knew it was heated well by the steam coming off of it. Too cold and windy for us to go in but it was inviting with lots of nice furniture on the deck. Lobby furniture was comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was $10.50 but if you did not get it like us, it does cause a bit of fluster on the servers part but the food was ok.
We would stay here again but be warned parking is $8. per day but you have in and out priviledges.
The hotel also provided the van for those who needed it to go to the restaurant we were going to that night - Big River Grill.

Room Tip: If you need a handicapped room, just ask
Lithia Springs, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I would stay again nice staff and very clean room. We went on short trip for the weekend and we are really happy

• Stayed February 2012
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I and sixteen other couples came to Chattanoga to celebrate Valentine's Day. We all had a great time! The staff was very prompt in checking everyone in and giving out "hot" cookies. We used one of the conference room for our "Not So Newly Wed" game.