“This was fantastic”

Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
“This was fantastic”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The staff here is responsible and very very cool and helpful in equal parts. What they know they tell and what they don't they are honest about. Happily they know a whole lot about their town. The restaurant was fantastic and well priced for breakfast. I loved it and so did my daughter. We will truly be back again and again. I think this started a Chatt tradition for us. On top of that they were really nice to my kid and that matters. We had a fantastic time and will be back this Fall.
I read the reviews and people are really expecting the wrong things. The room is small because you are in the heart of the city. The staff works hard and if you don't get caught up on the silly not home things that don't matter you can have a really great getaway.

Room Tip: I think the higher the better so you can see water
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wanderlust30268

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree from June 3-5, 2011. We drove up from Atlanta. The room was ready when we arrived and was clean and comfortable. We had no issues checking in. It is true that the non-valet parking lot is a bit of a walk to the hotel. Usually this is no issue, but with the temperature being ~ 95F it was not ideal.

Service issues began on Friday night. We ordered room service that included two bottled beers. Unfortunately, by the time we noticed that no bottle opener was provided, room service had stopped. When I called the front desk about having a bottle opener brought up, I was told that I needed to take the beers to their bar and they would open them up for me. It was 11pm at this point. So, that is what I did. By no means, not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

Sat. am - we were not planning on heading out until 12 or so (we had our infant son with us). As I was putting the cart from room service out in the hall (around 10:30am), I ran into a member of housekeeping. He asked if I wanted the room serviced. When I asked if he (or someone) could come back after 12, he said housekeeping leaves at noon. He did give me some fresh towels. When I mentioned this to my wife, she naturally asked - what do they do when people check-out? Who cleans the room in the afternoon? Again, it just seemed as if they would not do anything beyond the minimum.

We returned from the wedding we attended around 10pm, and their were no spots in the guest parking lot. They did park my car in the valet lot. In the morning, however, there were no valets to get my car.

For a short visit to Chattanooga, the Doubletree is satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a very nice hotel. The service was excellent and the staff were very helpful. The beds are very comfortable. I do recommend this hotel to everyone. I'm sure you will enojoy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2011

To start off the staff was incredible! We were on a "girls weekend" and we could not have asked for a better vacation hotel. They accommodated our every need and went out of their way to make sure our stay was successful. The outdoor pool was small but the company was friendly. The bar inside of the hotel was fun and upbeat. We were very impressed with our stay at the DoubleTree and we will be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: Be polite and not to pushy
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jacey7789
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is wonderful and so is the staff. Family friendly and very easy access to the Chattanooga Attractions. Wonderful heated pool area and great dining on-site at Eleven.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy T
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The hotel is in a good location, stylishly decorated though out. Rooms were very clean. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. We had a terrific experiance.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank dooley1024
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Although this was a lovely hotel, the staff is very young and not knowledgeable about hotel hospitality. They had no knowledge of local restaurants and attractions. And when I asked at the front desk about something we lost, the young lady just shrugged her shoulders...? The "bar" was dull, no atmosphere. The firepit was never lit. The buffet breakfast was nice. I was happy to have access to a cappuccino / latte machine. I think if the help was as high class as the hotel's appearance, it would have made for a nicer stay.

• Stayed April 2011