“The best hotel that I have stayed in so far!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a very nice hotel. The service was excellent and the staff were very helpful. The beds are very comfortable. I do recommend this hotel to everyone. I'm sure you will enojoy.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chattanooga Downtown

Reviewed May 22, 2011

To start off the staff was incredible! We were on a "girls weekend" and we could not have asked for a better vacation hotel. They accommodated our every need and went out of their way to make sure our stay was successful. The outdoor pool was small but the company was friendly. The bar inside of the hotel was fun and upbeat. We were very impressed with our stay at the DoubleTree and we will be visiting again very soon!

Room Tip: Be polite and not to pushy
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jacey7789
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is wonderful and so is the staff. Family friendly and very easy access to the Chattanooga Attractions. Wonderful heated pool area and great dining on-site at Eleven.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The hotel is in a good location, stylishly decorated though out. Rooms were very clean. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. We had a terrific experiance.

1  Thank dooley1024
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Although this was a lovely hotel, the staff is very young and not knowledgeable about hotel hospitality. They had no knowledge of local restaurants and attractions. And when I asked at the front desk about something we lost, the young lady just shrugged her shoulders...? The "bar" was dull, no atmosphere. The firepit was never lit. The buffet breakfast was nice. I was happy to have access to a cappuccino / latte machine. I think if the help was as high class as the hotel's appearance, it would have made for a nicer stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

From the moment we checked in, it was bad and just kept getting worse. We always book non-
smoking rooms, but they put us on the smoking floor. This room had the worst smell. When I called the front desk, they told me that they could see my request for a non-smoking room in my reservation, but that my reservation came through as a smoking room...what?! The hotel was sold out so they couldn't move me. They basically told me I could leave, but offered no assistance other than to put an ionizer in our room but we couldn't be in the room so I had to pack up my three exhausted young bits down to the restaurant for dinner rather than roomservice, which is what we wanted to do.
Fine, we go the the restaurant at peak dinner time, which was staffed by only 2 people. For a meal consisting of 3 kids meals, it took 2 hours, and the food was bad! All they offered was a "sorry, they understaffed us and have to handle the entire hotel.". Again...what? There was no manager to speak to.
So back to the super stinking room to discover a warm fridge, non-functioning power outlets, no additional blankets we reuested for our kids, and curtins that would not close with a spot light outside. When I asked for a clip or something to fix the curtins with (which weren't working beause they were missing clips onto their sliding rods) the gal just said "she" didn't have anything and didn't ever offer to have housekeeping or facilities to come fix it. Again...what?!
All this I would expect for a 2 star property, but not a 4 star.
Absolutely the worst experience ever! And unfortunately we are stuck here because all other hotels are booked. We will be cutting our vacation short and checking out in the morning.

2  Thank Autravelmom
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I liked the Hotel in general but the Room was near an elevator and very very noisy. Worst, the bed had an odor to it that smell like the sheet had not been changed in a while- very discusting. Hotel did not offer refund or offer any type of recompensation. Acted as though they were concerned but no action. Will not return- many other great options in down town Chattanooga to consider when I go back for the River Fest.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple