“Super service, great atmosphere, but...”
Review of Blue Water Grille

Blue Water Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Water Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner last night, 5 plus an infant. They were pretty slow for a sunday, I suppose all the restaurants downtown are.

We started off with their seared ahi tuna and appetizer special lobster rolls, with some lobster bisque. The lobster bisque wasn't really anything to write home about; the seared tuna was okay, but the lobster rolls were perfect! The bread was crispy but not painfully hard, and they were generous on the lobster. Since we had 5 and the rolls only came in 4s, they even hooked us up with an extra one!! That was very nice of them, and they definitely didn't have to do that.

Our server took great care of us though I cannot remember his name :( we had a few of their brews as well: the pilsner, brown and amber. Out of the three, though I ordered the brown I think the amber was best and very well balanced. The brown was a bit more hoppier than expected, but not unpleasant.

Then came the entrees; between the five of us, we had: the Asian ponzu tuna, the seafood paella, and the grouper picatta. The grouper was pretty good, not overly battered though crispy enough, and moist inside for the fish. The side veggies were not very exciting though. The seafood paella was very good! Served in a metal wok like thing, it had calamari, mussels, clams, salmon, and was topped off with three crawfish. The orzo rice on bottom was perfectly seasoned and cooked well. The Asian ponzu tuna however, was a little disappointing. Not because it wasn't good, the tuna was prepared perfectly and almost melted in your mouth with great flavor. The rice with a sweet, salty, gingery taste was a great compliment, however the baby bok choy, not only do they only give you like 3 leaves of it, it was buried under everything and completely soaked in the sauce, making it unbearably salty!! That was why it was disappointing :(

Though our server gave us a chocolate to make up for it, it was still a disappointment since that was almost the only vegetable we got out of the meal. I feel kinda terrible to rip them on just this one, not even main dish side, but I think it's important that people know this. They did try everything they could to make the meal better, even offering to recook an order of some bok choy... but....

In general it was a tremendous experience and I was pleased that they do try everything to accommodate you as best as they can. Great job guys and gals!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Mu husband and I ate here for dinner after looking for a place that served seafood. It is absolutely the best seafood I have had outside of the gulf coast. Fabulous! We will be returning

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This a cute place to go. It has a weekend brunch that is always packed.
The consistency of its food has improved and they will be coming out with a new menu soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I had a Sunday brunch here, ordering from the lunch menu. The atmosphere was quite pleasant, with live music playing unobtrusively but pleasantly. The service was outstanding, and the food was good. I had the coconut shrimp with a house salad. The shrimp was cooked just right, crispy but not dry, and the salad was particularly appealed with its in-house made dressing, a bacon venaigrette . My spouse's shrimp and grits was less appealing, with the tomatoes overpowering the dish. In both main dishes, the number of shrimp was quite skimpy. Two more each would have made us happier, given the cost of the food.

We will be back, but we hope the portions are just a bit more generous next time.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Went here for lunch on our way to Atlanta. The wait staff was very good and the drinks also. The salads were large but the figs was very very fishy tasting for flounder..I was wondering if it was frozen.