“Dine In”

Ranked #470 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Japanese
“Dine In”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Love this place, they are so friendly and they have a nice atmosphere. I go there often

Visited January 2012

• Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Mikado is among the best restaurants I've eaten at here in Chattanooga”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Just when I think I've had the best Chattanooga has to offer I find a place like this. A whole pot of hot tea left at your table for 1.25? Oh yeah. Delectable fried octopus nicely spiced and accompanied by fried rice and good hot and sour soup. Yes, that too. This is a wonderful restaurant. We got the pu pu appetizer to sample the different appetizers and all of them were great. The pu pu appetizer is served with a little fire going in the middle of the tray. Very cool. My wife's soda was filled up more times than most of all the other restaurants we go to. The people are friendly. The atmosphere is calm and clean. I'll be back. This is one of my favorite places to eat. There are so many different things on the menu that I want to try. I think next time it is cold noodles with spicy chicken and peanuts...and hot tea of course.

• Visited January 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Consistency, cleanliness, and courteousy”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I just recently came to the Chattanooga area for my job and being the sushi lover I am, my first day here involved finding a place to eat sushi. I didnt do the first bit of research so I thought Id just pick a random place and see what I thought. Coming from VW to my hotel, Mikado was right on the way so I decided to give it a try. I walked in to find a very simple layout and I was promptly greeted. Before being seated, I stopped at the restroom to wash my hands. I found a clean restroom equipped with anti-bacterial foam soap and thick paper towels. For me an indication of overall cleanliness starts at the public restroom. Most small restaurant owners want to save money on consumables so they will cut down on soap and paper towel costs for the guests by providing the bare minimum or not stocking them at all. This is normally an indication of how high (or low) the level of upkeep and cleaning is inside the kitchen and storage areas. Most guests never think of this element...

On to the service. When I returned the server took me to a table. The table was clean and I was brought a glass of water per request. I placed my order which was a salmon roll with cucumber and smelt roe added with a seaweed salad on the side. Within a few minutes my seaweed salad was brought out to me. For those of you who have visited several sushi places, seaweed salad sizes vary greatly in price and porition. I was pleased to find a generous portion brought out to me that was fresh and crisp. Typically if seaweed salad is not fresh it will not be as crunchy. After another few minutes my sushi roll came out. The color of the salmon was bright pink and the roll was very nicely wrapped. I asked for a side of spicy mayo and it was on to eating the first bite of the roll. The cucumber was crisp and the salmon was tasty, the spicy mayo was just right. After I ate a couple of pieces my server returned to freshen my water and to ask me how my meal was. After finishing my meal I asked for my check, I paid my bill, and I left.

Ive since visited Mikado at least 9 more times, sometimes alone and several times with a guest. Each time the level of quality and consistency has been the same. While this review really only touched on sushi, I have had their chinese and it is just as good. Even when visiting on a Friday night, I found the wait for my dinner to be minimal. If you are looking for flashy and expensive you wont want to come here. If you are looking for consistency, cleanliness, and a courteous staff with reasonable prices then Id highly suggest visiting Mikado.