“A dive with supurb BBQ”

The Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe
Ranked #40 of 859 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: A cozy little BBQ restaurant next to the incline railway at the foot of Lookout Mountain.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were surprised at just how good the food was. Located in St Elmo at on Lookout Mountain 1 block from the Incline Railway. Locally owned and operated. The owner's son waited on us. The furnishings were quite cute. The service was good. The BBQ melted in your mouth. Best I've ever had.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good location (base of MT near Incline) but that's about it.

Food was boring. How you smoke meat and have it be so flavorless I'm not real sure.

There is one thing that -might- make me eat there again. They are DIRECTLY next to the incline and they sell family picnic packs. So you can park at the incline (for a buck) and get you picnic pack, ride the train to the top and walk to Point Park and eat there then ride the train down. This would be a great day so we might do it... or we might just pack a lunch.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had a great BBQ pork sandwich, thin & vinegary sauce, fabulous banana pudding, rich & delicious hash brown casserole. A Belgian white craft beer was on sale for $1! Nice servers. Unique cute atmosphere. Would return in a minute.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We came across the Purple Daisy on our way to the Incline and the food was awesome. Waitress and staff were very friendly. Its a cute little place. I love the idea of different tables. Desserts looked good but I did not try one. Way too full after my sandwich.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is absoultely the worst restaurant that I have ever gone to. The food was awful. I went with some friends and we all tasted eachothers food, so I know that it was not just my meal that was grose. You should absolutly not go there!!!!