“McAllister's”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“McAllister's”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

By far one of my favorite places to eat. It is not far off I 75it 5 to the east, in the little strip mall near Fresh Market with easy access

• Visited June 2014

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I enjoy a good Reuben sandwich. You know, corned beef, Swiss cheese, saurkraut, thousand island dressing. Don't look for that here. It comes with cole slaw and American cheese! What a mess! I will avoid this restaurant. If you care what is in your sandwich, you should too.

• Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We may have caught them on a bad day, but our experience was bad. The soup was cold and the sandwiches were poor. And unfortunately, the staff wasn't particularly nice either. We came in hungry and left hungry. We've eaten at the one on Signal Mountain Blvd and were pleased. This was the first time at this one, and I think it will be the last time.

• Visited July 2013
Ooltewah, TN
“Slow and small portions”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I guess if you think of the "meal" as a snack then you will not be as disappointed. Must be trying to save some money as our sandwiches had less of the good stuff. Have not eaten here in a six months and could tell a big difference. Was not that impressed then and less so now. It took forever to get two sandwhiches and a cup of soap. There was nobody in line in front of us, but there were two couples seated waiting to have there food brought out. It took over 20 minutes after ordering to be served. Lots of staff not really doing anything. The two staff we dealt with were friendly. Not sure I will be rushing back.

• Visited February 2013
“Good food but don't go if you are in a hurry”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The food is good. Something a little different and they do have vegetarian dishes. However, my most recent visit left me waiting for my food for 30 minutes and some of the employees were jus standing around. I realize that everyone has certain jobs, but it is still frustrating to see.