“Nice casual place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
uufrisbee7
“Nice casual place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I like their pick two options because it's the same price for all menu items, regardless of the category. Another chain down the road charges more depending on what category of sandwich or salad you choose, and I think that's unfair. McAlister's spuds are my favorite part of the experience because they are huge. I like the bacon spud but I hate that I always have to remember to ask for sour cream. They should ask if you want that on the front end. I ordered the turkey florentine sandwich for my other half of my meal, and I thought the flavor was good, but underwhelming. I was expecting more. I'm also disappointed that they still don't offer wifi. When I'm alone, I like to eat and work on stuff at the same time, so i don't frequent them as often as I would if they offered internet.

Visited April 2012

Barboursville, West Virginia
“One of our Chattanooga favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Sometimes you don't want to dress up and go fancy, you just crave comfort food. If this is one of those days-McCallister's can fill the bill. Really good soups (Try the Chicken Tortilla!), huge "Taters" topped with a variety of toppings, and every sandwich from a NY corned beef or pastrami to a New Orleans muffelata. Excellent Sweet Tea (A must in this part of the country.) Plus you can walk to the Fresh Market a couple of doors away and finish with a homemade pastry or cookies. Hard to beat that combo!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nashville
“Good Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Service was very friendly and the sandwiches and soup were excellent!

Visited January 2012
“Where was I eating????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I can't believe the other reviews. I feel like I didn't eat at the same restaurant as everyone else-
Service-girl at the register was aloof at best
Cleanliness-it looked and felt pretty clean
Chicken Ceasar Wrap-small, the chicken tasted weird and there was almost no obviously botted dressing in it
French dip-husband said it tasted weird. His words, and I didn't prompt him at all
Chips-they don't give you a bag- they put them loose on your plate, so when you want to leave and take themm w you, an encounter w the aloof counter girl is necessary
Tea-unsweetened was very good. You can get a refill, but they don't tell you that and again you are required to interact w Little Miss Sunshine
I won't go there again

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“I drive 35-40 miles one way to eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

With out a doubt this is my fav chatt restaurant. I live in N.GA and make the drive about once a month. Was out of town in Bham for a ball game last week and found the McC's. Only Weaver D's in Athens Ga has better sweet tea.