“Local Flavor”
Review of Greyfriar's

Greyfriar's
Ranked #10 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went here twice during my business trip to Chattanooga last week. Quiet atmosphere, great coffee and fruit/yogurt parfaits. They had hot sandwiches available although I didn't try. Great spot with local feel.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were in town to spend the day visiting downtown attractions and needed a pick-me-up with some caffeine. Grayfriars looked very inviting - very quaint coffee/tea shop. The atmosphere was very cozy and there were a number of patrons (no empty seats) on a Saturday afternoon. They have quite a collection of coffee and tea choices. They also offer several baked goods that I could see behind the glass. Since I wasn't interested I really did not pay too much attention to them. We both ordered the Mocha Frappe and we were not disappointed. I am a big fan of McDonald's frappes (I know, I know, they probably are loaded with who-knows-what!), but they are so good. Grayfriars barista made our frappe with all fresh ingredients right in front of us - lots of espresso; so it really had a great coffee taste and quite strong! My only complaint is that I wished it had more of a chocolate flavor, but I am a BIG chocolate lover. My husband was very happy with his, he loved the flavor. All in all we were pleased and we will make it back when we are in town again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Delicious pastries and wide range of teas and coffees. Well placed near the aquarium, a book store and other interesting shops. A good place for a pick me up.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hole in the wall barista. Great coffee and yummy breakfast for a decent price. A little grungy but so what.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Awesome Iced Americano! It was a nice treat on a very HOT day! The barista was friendly and there is plenty of space to relax and take a break!