Tripadvisor
Chattanooga
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bed and breakfast laurel falls utc campus ocoee river fruit cup lemon mousse b and b breakfast was delicious turn down service beautiful place to stay third floor lovely room scenic city each morning southern belle we loved our stay common areas
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

What a wonderful place! If you want a quiet, romantic getaway this is the Inn for you! If you want super updated/modern/workout amenities - then no this is not for you! If you need an elevator to reach the third floor - then no, choose somewhere else. If you love a true home style, beautiful, intimate setting then yes- book now! We met friends at this B&B for a weekend get-away.
The home(Inn) is beautiful, situated among other beautiful homes in the neighborhood, you truly feel as though you are visiting relatives rather than "renting" a hotel/motel room. Each of the rooms of the downstairs (common areas) is a little discovery adventure in itself - the furnishings/what-nots/period pieces are very interesting. The porch is welcoming for a shared bottle of wine/relaxing book read/or conversation with friends/other guests. The room (we stayed on the third floor) was so spacious and relaxing with a view of Lookout mountain - the bed comfortable, the bath sufficient and the atmosphere - wonderful. We loved the special touches that was provided by the staff - the coffee area/ the snack area, etc. We loved dining room for breakfast and the food was very good - the staff even better. We loved Hannah and all of her wonderful suggestions of restaurants to try. The location is fantastic, as UBER / LYFT had no problem finding us. The entire stay was welcoming and warm. We WILL return and bring more friends.

Room tip: Great views from the third floor!
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

On Dec 2, before I booked with booking.com for a two night stay at Mayors Mansion, I called Mayors Mansion itself to make sure I would be able to get the room I wanted (one of the honeymoon sweets as me and my fiancée have just gotten engaged and I wanted it to be special), the lady I spoke to told me no one had even booked any dates in January at the time and that I should have first pick of the rooms. I even put on my additional comments on booking.com which suite I wanted and the owner confirmed it for Jan 1 and 2. On Dec 6th, four days later, I called to confirm which honeymoon suite I got and they had told me they moved me to the Cumberland suite, which was not what I was told I was getting and was not a honeymoon suite. Instead of arguing because they had already booked both of the honeymoon suites to someone else, I asked the man if he could switch me to another two days where I would be able to get the honeymoon suite, he graciously confirmed this for Dec 27 and 28, and I got a confirmation email and text saying I successfully booked the rising fawn honeymoon suite for two nights. Today (Dec 27th) the day we are supposed to drive up to Chattanooga for the B&B, I called because I had saw on their site that the rising fawn honeymoon suite was still available for the days that we booked so I wanted to double check everything was okay. THEY DOUBLE BOOKED ME AGAIN. They did not call and tell me they changed my room, after I changed the date of my trip to get the room that I wanted, this is the second time. I called and the lady said that they had moved me over to a regular suite last night because a couple called that were elderly and wanted a suite on the 2nd floor rather than the 3rd. Now I am all for helping out, but there are 11 rooms in this mansion and I was the first one to book a room two times now, change my plans to have this room, and you are going to move me AGAIN? After offering me some champagne and strawberries to makeup for the mistake (which was not going to cover it at this point) I asked to talk to the owner and she put me on hold, and then told me she found a way to give me my room back. So we will see when I actually get there if I actually get my room or not. I’ve actually never written a review, but when this is the second time you changed my confirmation and your not even going to tell me you changed it? When I had to change my plans and dates to get this suite and you changed my confirmation again? When you downgraded me twice now to a regular suite after I was already confirmed and had payed? That is ridiculous. This was a Christmas present to my fiancée, and I am stressed and aggravated to say the least on the day of. I have two stars so far because the people I have spoken to were very professional and nice. I will update after we have completed our stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2019

This was our third visit and stay at The Mayor's Mansion Inn. This stay was as fun and enjoyable as our previous ones, however it would have been nice if the young man who greeted us at check-in and showed us to our room had at least offered to help carry our luggage up to our room when he took us up there. The breakfast (different each morning) was very delicious and more than ample portions.
We look forward to a return trip. Good value for the price. Love being able to sit and visit on the front porch.

Reviewed November 11, 2019

For starters. We booked three rooms for one night costing almost $800. We arrived to Chattanooga early so called to inquire about checking in at 2:00 p.m. (one hour early). We were told that yes the rooms were ready and we could check in 60 minutes early for a charge of $35 per room. We have traveled all over the world and have never heard of such a policy. The history and architecture of the home is lovely; however, all three rooms were very tired and not in a historical charming kind of way. The shower was unsightly, the tvs were 20 inches, light bulbs were out, clock was not working. Unacceptable at this price point. Last, the breakfast which was abysmal. The cinnamon roll was ok but the "entree" pancake was inedible and cold. Bacon was served as an afterthought and covered in syrup. ?????

Also, check out is at 10 which is very early on average.

We were excited about this weekend but left disappointed and hungry. We would not recommend.

Reviewed November 8, 2019 via mobile

B&Bs can be hit or miss, with some trying desperately and others making it fluid. Mayor’s is a quaint place just far enough from downtown to be away from the hustle but close enough to get there in minutes. And it’s quite pleasant.

Well maintained and in a quiet neighborhood off the UTC campus, the staff are friendly and quick to serve when you need something. As can be expected, it’s an old home and you hear every creak and noise but it’s cozy and the beds are comfortable. The hvac isn’t the best but that’s part of the ambiance and gets the job done.

Breakfast is served in the dining room and while the portions are somewhat lean, it’s enough to tide over. The menu isn’t very imaginative and eclectic, straddling southern and fusion. If you have dietary restrictions be sure you tell them before arriving. The mini fridge in the lobby stocked with drinks is a nice touch as are the cookies and the fruit pies available on each floor every evening.

Housekeeping left us a little befuddled. The room wasn’t serviced after the first night even though we didn’t indicate no service required. We had to get an extra towel the second night. The room was serviced and made the next two days but...the bathroom and shower weren’t serviced. At all. Not a big deal but still an expectation.

Overall, a nice B&B in the Scenic City. Great for personal time away or business travel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple