“Made to feel like a princess!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Mayor's Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Made to feel like a princess!”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This was the first time any one in our group had stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. The Mayor's Mansion raised the bar pretty high for any other future trips. From my first phone inquiry to check out everything was done with excellence. I was taking 7 girls on a graduation trip and they loved the special attention that the hosts gave us-they all came away feeling like a princess! Turn down service, fabulous breakfasts, comfy robes, videos and games and large comfortable rooms made the stay memorable. The location is excellent-the hosts even had cards prepared with directions for local sights and recomended some outstanding restaurants. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed May 30, 2010

The lovely inn is located in a quiet historic neighborhood beside the UT at Chattanooga campus. It is convenient for visiting both downtown and nearby tourist attractions, and the staff was quite helpful in making recommendations. We certainly enjoyed our three-day visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Benton, Kentucky
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more while visiting Chattanooga, TN. We were close to all the attractions, but away from the hustle and bustle. Mayor's Mansion Inn was perfect in every way!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My sister, cousin, and good friend spent a night at The Mayor's Mansion this past weekend and found our experience to be spectacular. First, the Victorian rooms were so luxurious, yet comfortable and inviting. I slept like a queen all wrapped up in my bathrobe and pillows amidst two sets of sheets and a fabulous comforter. The breafast was phenomenal - wanted to savor every bite. Lastly, the service was the best I think I have ever experienced. Ben was at our beck and call - so pleasant and enthusiastic. There just aren't enough words to describe him. At breakfast, the ladies waited on us hand and foot. I just can't say enough about the hospitality and comfort we experienced here. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I came back to Chattanooga for my nephew's wedding this month. The big-name hotel down near the river was giving us the runaround (saying we couldn't get the wedding discount etc.), so my husband and I took the search into our own hands.

We ended up choosing the Mayor's Mansion Inn and were *thrilled* with our choice. Would absolutely recommend this place to all Chattanooga families who have out-of-town guests come to stay, to brides and grooms... wedding parties, etc. My husband and I are hoping to stay there again when we visit at Christmastime!

The value was excellent... we stayed in the Signal Mountain room - which is the cheapest room - and it was lovely. The cost at this hotel was *less* than the discounted cost of the hotel down by the river, and ours included breakfast and free parking!

The home is absolutely beautiful... A real Old South feel with trompe l'oeil paintings going up the staircase, gorgeous wooden floors, and each room looks to be professionally decorated. The breakfast was dee-lish (a 3-course breakfast in a real dining room - how nice!), and there are books and DVDs scattered all around the home that you can read and relax with. Plus - a coffee and tea service on the 1st and second floors (self-serve) - but that really helps those night owls and early risers.

Finally - a warning. Those of you who are looking for the "perfect" hotel experience will not be pleased. This place is OLD. It's HISTORIC. So, no, there are no flat screen TVs in your room. There are no (to my knowledge) jacuzzi tubs and giant shower jets. Yes, there are some pipes running across the ceiling, and there was a broken tile in our bathroom, and yes the plumbing on the 3rd floor is a bit slow. You should expect these types of things in a B&B - ALWAYS.

But what you should also expect - and we most definitely received - was 100% top-notch service, a caring staff, and a beautiful, convenient and enjoyable place to stay. Can't wait to go back. Love this place!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adlibris
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I stayed here for one night in early March as I was driving across the country. I stayed in the Ocoee River Room which was spacious and comfortable. In fact the entire Inn is spacious and comfortable, with historic details that give it lots of ambience and character. The staff are so gracious and welcoming... answering any questions, providing suggestions and even going beyond to provide information regarding my trip after I departed. I am grateful for their kindnesses. Breakfast was wonderful and filling, perfect for starting a day that was to be a long drive.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
new haven ct
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is a lovely B&B at the edge of the University of Tennessee's Chattanooga campus. Even though the rooms and food are excellent, what really stands out is the extent to which the staff goes out of its way to accommodate guests. When I discovered I'd underpacked by a day or two, and thus would have to do laundry, the staff took care of it for me. And it didn't appear on the bill----they were just doing me a favor.

I'd recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business