“A delight!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chattanooga
Mayor's Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Chattanooga B&B and Inns
Georgia
“A delight!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Visited for our wedding anniversary and we were certainly pleased! We stayed in the Ocoee River Room and it was simply beautiful and very accommodating. Our four poster bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed with antiques. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and very filling. There were only two other couples dining for breakfast, so our service was excellent. We were given a tour of the mansion and a history of the house as well as the Chattanooga area. My husband and I have stayed in numerous Bed & Breakfast homes throughout the US, and we were impressed with the quality of the Mayor's Mansion! A special place for a nice getaway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 5GeorgiaTravelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester Tn
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I always try to go somewhere nice and relaxing for our anniversary. With this being the 43rd, I wanted something that would make our anniversary memorable. We stayed in the Laurel Falls Room (honeymoon room) at the mansion. From the minute we arrived to the time we left we were very comfortable, very impressed and felt at home. The house is amazing, the room beautiful and the staff very friendly and professional. Katie was always ready to help us with the smallest request. We will definately return to the mansion and very highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Honeymooners or anniversary couples stay in the Laurel Falls Room-Very beautiful!
1 Thank Rick K
Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Spent Saturday night there. We pulled in after a long, hot day on the Harley and Katie ( sweet as pie) greeted us on the porch. Her welcome was so warm! She toured us around the first floor, which was impressive and grandiose - and showed us to our room, which was very clean and pleasant, "old fashioned" as it should be, because they strove to keep everything 1880s style. The dining room is simply lovely. Ashley was our server and she too is cute and delightful. Breakfast food was great!! I have only 2 comments, the house wine was $4 a glass but really needs to be upgraded. I'd rather pay more for better wine. Secondly, our room was warm for sleeping. We had a fan and it helped but it was still a tad uncomfortable. Neither of these things would keep me away; next time I'd bring my own wine and ask them to turn down the a/c. Highly recommend.

3 Thank BlueEyedGirl
Bell Buckle, TN
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My Fiance and I stayed here for our weekend getaway to Chattanooga. As soon as we walked in we were amazed at the ornate decor and cleanliness. We were greeted by the very friendly and attentive staff, who also gave us a tour of the home! Our room (The Signal Mountain Room) was on the 3rd floor and was very cozy, private, and classy! Our bathroom was also spotless!

In the evening, they served Hors d'oeuvres in the lobby, and also served mixed drinks which they would gladly bring to you wherever you were in the building. They have a large front porch perfect for relaxing and looking out at the other historic homes, and two large and elegant parlors that I can't imagine would have been much different in 1912, as opposed to 2012!

After his first plan fell through to propose to me, my fiance contacted the staff in haste to try and set something else up. They gladly and quickly prepared the room as he requested and when we came back, I was surprised to find rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne waiting in our room! (He supplied the champagne, but they had it ready for us with ice) It definitely made the entire trip much more special and I could not have thought of a more perfect and romantic proposal!

The next day, we sat down for a three course breakfast which you can have anytime between 8:00 AM and 9:30 AM. It is not family style, you get our own table and one of the wonderful staff members will bring you your food and drink, just like a restaurant! Our breakfast was cantaloupe with a sweet cream sauce and fruit, a melt-in-your-mouth quiche with sun dried tomato, bacon, and artichoke, and dessert was a moon-pie banana split! It was absolutely delicious.

I also must add that if history and historic homes are appealing to you, this Bed and Breakfast is worth the trip to Chattanooga alone! All furniture is from the time period, and the home is decorated with the original, and most elaborate crown molding, hardwood floors, doorknobs and fixtures, and stained glass! It is a work of art in itself and the owners have preserved this Chattanooga gem very well!

All in all, if you want outstanding service, luxury, elegance, great food, and a romantic place to stay in Chattanooga, I would suggest the Mayor's Mansion Inn. I saw a few other families with children who were also there, so it seems to be very family friendly as well. It is definitely worth the price!

Room Tip: The Signal Mountain room is very private, cozy, and romantic. It is also one of the cheaper rooms if...
2 Thank BonnieBlueMoon
Benton, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My oldest step-daughter just got married at this charming & lovely inn. The event coordinator put together a very special wedding and made us all feel very welcome. The host went above and beyond our expectations. The backdrop cannot be matched. A well kept and mostly original mansion built in 1889. The food package they put together was unbelievable using fresh and tasty uncommon finger foods for the reception. They even accommodated the groom's vegetarian tastes! We didn't stay at the inn but my stepdaughter and her new husband plan to for their first anniversary because their prices are competitive and you can beat the attention to detail. The inn sits on a quiet tree lined street close to everything in downtown Chattanooga. We felt like we were family and can't believe this jewel is practically in our back yard! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stephani c
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The inside of the Mansion was beautiful and loaded with character. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was tasty and filling. The room was very nice. Of course, the floors squeaked (it's an old building) a little, but a very nice stay.

Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed several times when in Chattanooga on business. We left behind our phone charger the last visit, and the staff very kindly mailed it to our address. It is a home away from home with staff attending to every detail. Thank you for your great service. Suzanne

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms and have loved them all. My favorite, however, is the Signal Mt. roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business