“Outstanding meal...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aretha Frankensteins
Ranked #69 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Rio Frio, Texas
“Outstanding meal...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Came in for brunch and we had some of the best shrimp and grits I have ever had. The pancakes are awesome... The nachos were so so...The coffee was excellent!! The divers helmet on the bar was very cool...

• Visited October 2013

Bristol, Tennessee
“wonderful food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've only been to Aretha's twice but it's wonderful. I even bought their pancake mix to give out as Chistmas gifts!

• Visited June 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My family and I were looking forward to eating at Aretha's! We were in town for the weekend and we heard that Rachael Ray even recommended it. We didn't even get to try the food, because the waiter was so rude to us by his manner and disrespect.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Talbott, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just an honest review.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife loved the decor and the atmosphere. When we first sat down at our table a roach ran across the table top. Now I realize that this review probably just lost all credibility but that actually happened. So after talking my wife into staying and being diss appointed that the waffle iron was broke, we ordered pancakes. We both agreed they were the best pancakes we'd ever had! I was disappointed that the cooks were not wearing beard nets and my wife noticed that they were assembling the food on the dishes with their bare hands.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maumee, Ohio
“Certainly Different, Best Pancakes Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

When on a family vacation this past summer my son brought a box of Aretha Frankenstein's pancake mix - the best pancakes I have ever had. I made up my mind that the bar/restaurant was a must. So while visiting Chattanooga in September we went for breakfast... certainly an experience I have never known before. They open at 7AM. It is a bar restaurant that is a mix of something out of a Mel Brookes movie and the Munsters. There is limited seating, but there is a quaint charm to the experience. I must admit I have never seen people drinking that early in the morning. The crowd was a mix of nurses and doctors just off their shift at a local hospital, tourists and local Chattanoogans. We sat at the bar; my view was of the goth chandelier, bartender and a picture of Frankenstein. The pancakes (short stack) are each one inch thick, 7-8 inches in diameter and you get two of them. Unless you are really hungry split the order. I certainly would go again, probably though with my son more than my wife... the goulash side of life is something she avoids.

• Visited September 2013