“Horrible Managers!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Palms at Hamilton
Ranked #261 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Horrible Managers!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been to the palms on many occasions but there is always a problem and I will never step foot in there again. I am an African American woman and no I'm not pulling the race card but I know when I'm being treated differently because of it. I've never had a problem with the servers and the food is okay but the managers are rude and if they could we would not be allowed in at all. They would have a sign for "whites only" if they could get away with it instead they tip toe around it with the ridiculous dress code. Everyone no matter what race should be respected and if a problem occurs management should handle every situation with class and professionalism. I'm use to ignorant racist people, living in Chattanooga you get that a lot but I refuse to spend my money where I'm disrespected by the managers and wife of the owner Rick who seems to be a descent man. His wife is rude, disconnected, and just a really horrible person who has zero personality and people skills. I have tried to give them chance after chance but that's it for me and I will write all the reviews I need to, go to the newspaper, call Calvin, and use every outlet possible until this place is held liable for the way they treat African Americans......

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Brooke25_12

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Location, service and food were all very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were on the way to Virginia and stopped for the night in Chattanooga. Our hotel was right across the street from the restaurant, so decided we would try it. Since it was only about 4:30 in the afternoon, the restaurant was practically empty. The bartender and our waiter were both very attentive and helpful. The food was very good (I had bourban-glazed salmon and my husband had raw oysters.). If and when we are in Chattanooga again, we will definately go back to The Palms at Hamilton.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Donna B
Delaware, Ohio
“Food good Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Asked about a few menu items however waiter said he just started a half hour ago so was not familiar with any of the menu items. I ordered 1 lb of king crab legs -$39- that I had been told would come split by the hostess. I had concluded they did not serve bread but about 20 minutes after ordering I received 1 roll. New waiter took my order, waitress brought my meal and the bill. That was the only time I was provided any service. My crab legs were not split and when I inquired about it when I flagged down another waiter to request my bill I was told they no longer split them as the meat fell out when they were cooked. Guess they don't realize you split them after they are cooked!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank independent244
McComb, Mississippi
“walking distance to my hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was staying at Red Roof across the street (shallowford) and asked the lady at the front desk was there anywhere to go for a drink and dancing close by. she said "the PALMS" We did'nt have to get a cab(no chance of DUI) good appitizers and drinks, great band and dance floor

Visited August 2012
“Won't go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went there with friends only because they wanted to go. I had heard bad things previously but I was hungry, it was close to my hotel, and like I said my friends wanted to go. The drinks were pretty good, I will say that, but I ordered a tuna steak entree and it was terrible, I couldn't eat it. I sent it back and they still sent me a bill for it, and I told them I wasn't paying for something I couldn't and didn't eat. Saying they were less than sympathetic would be an understatement. One of my friends in our group ended up paying for it but didn't tell me til after we left. Having been in the restaurant business before they handled the situation wrong all the way around. They never apologized or offered me something else and to still expect me to pay for it - WTF? I won't go back if I'm in town and have told as many people I can think of who live up there what happened. There is no excuse for that.

• Visited December 2011