“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 841 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I went during Riverbend and the food and service was poor to say the least. They recommended a seafood dish for a starter and it had piece of shell in it. The steak was not seasoned well and overcooked. The waiter did not come back during the meal, I guess it was smoke break time. I guess it was a bad time for them, but they don't get anymore chances with me.

Reviewed September 26, 2009

Last night my husband and I ate at Hennen's before going to the symphony. I had the gumbo which was very good and the baby spinach salad which was very large and also good. My husband had the Scallops Benedict which came on a very small bed of grits and consisted of 3 scallops and a rolled up slice of prosciutto. He asked the waiter how much he was paying for 3 scallops. The waiter was very courteous and explained that they were supposed to be 2 ounces each, but appear to have shrunk during cooking. A little later the manager came by and reiterated this. He apologized and took $5 off our bill, so the 3 scallops "only" cost $16. The service was good, the staff was courteous and polite. My only concern is the small portion of Scallops Benedict.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

We eat here often. Moved here from Charlotte and this is the best in town. Great Steaks and my wife loves their seafood. I'm an Amstel kind of guy, but they have a great wine cellar.

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I recently had the pleasure of dining at Hennen's in downtown Chattanooga. After first starting off with drinks out on the patio, which I may add were excellant, the 4 of us moved to the inside since it was a threat of rain. The atmosphere was really good and the waitors and waitresses were VERY knowledgeable and even more personable. We satrted off with the house salad which was just a plate of mixed greens, whic made me think that I was more of a goat than I was a dining patron. It was not very appetizing. Secondly, we ordered the rib-eye steak which had come highly recommended to us from a friend. The first steak had to be sent back since we had ordered it prepared medium rare and it was closer to a medium well, and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt. The ssecond time around, 1 of the steaks was rare, the other, medium. Not seasoned very well at all. The food, at best would rate a "C-" at best. The service from the waitor's and waitresses......"A+".

Reviewed July 5, 2009

Very good seafood and steaks. We ate here during Riverbend and the service was excellent.