“Excellent dinner from start to finish!!”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 859 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We were in Chattanooga for a tennis tournament. Someone had recommended Hennen's to us so we decided to give it a try. I started the evening with a pomegranate martini. I have to say I can count on one hand how many times I have had a really good pomegranate martini. This was one of them! We had a calamari for an appetizer and it was excellent. I had the filet and it melted in my mouth. It was cooked to perfection. For this type of food, I thought you were getting a great deal for a high end steak house. I will definitely recommend and will make a point to come back!

1  Thank Lov1ngtennis

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have heard great reviews about this restaurant. I went in for a Wednesday night dinner, so it wasn't very crowded and we were seated immediately. To sum it up:

Atmosphere: Excellent. A few TV's in the bar/lounge area, subtle music playing in background, and the physical attractiveness of the restaurant is excellent

Food: This was the big disappointment. I ordered a filet... considering this is a steakhouse, I expected much better. It was basically just like a Logan's steak but triple the price. I believe it was $29 and that included one side. I am somewhat a "health nut" so I asked for the nutritional value to compare the various steaks, and the waitress informed me that they did not have a nutritional info menu, but that the filet had the least "marbling." For anyone else that counts calories like me, you would expect that any restaurant, especially high end, would have this info available.
My fiance ordered grouper and it was very bland and a tiny portion.

Service: The waitress was nice and attentive, just wish she would have been equipped with a little more knowledge of the menu.

Best part: The White bean dip appetizer was great.

Overall, I would prefer to pay a little more money and get a nice sit-down dinner for a steak at Porter's around the corner. I didn't have a terrible experience here, but just not what I had in mind.

1  Thank Hayley W
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely return here, we had Gabriel as our waiter and he was great! Has great customer service and the food was delicious! We are glad we chose this place for dinner... Will come back

1  Thank Rocioesp17
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to this restaurant for a special occasion. WOW, very elegant place! The steaks were great (I tasted my husband's filet) and the fish was very good, some of the best I have ever had. Service was the best too.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I visited this restaurant after a casual afternoon in downtown Chattanooga. Accustomed to Houston and New Orleans' greats, I was not expecting that much. However, the restaurant is charming. The front is fuuly taken up with a well-stocked and interesting wine bar. Even when busy, I could still hear without my companions shouting. The short ribs were excellent. The crab cakes, while short on lump crab meat, appear to be made with the"special" grade and plenty of it without the need for excessive bread crunbs as a binder. They were light and perfectly cooked. Service was fine, helpful but not intrusive. One of our party requested a sample of a wine he wished to try and was graciously accomodated. It was excellent and led to our purchase. All of this was quite inexpensive to us...accostomed to paying considerably more for an equivalent in other cities.