“Please Go!”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 854 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Chose the restaurant due to tripadvisor's ratings as well as it was recommended by the hotel I was staying. The location is excellent (next to the TN aquarium. The restaurant is elegant but not stuffy. The staff is very professional from the hostess to the wait staff. My waitress was a food and wine expert or trained very well on the specials and what they paired with.

They have a GREAT wine cellar in the center of the restaurant which adds to the atmosphere. The menu offers a variety without being overkill.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be back when I am in Chattanooga again.

1  Thank Frequent_Traveler_JP

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just got back from Hennen's restaurant last night for New Year's Eve. The place was packed and really a lot of fun. This was my first time eating at Hennen's so I had very high hopes. With a job in sales I eat out a ton! I have eating at every great steak house in Atlanta and several other cities to boot. So from the look and feel of the restaurant everything felt right to have a great steak. The wine is stacked in the center of the space with glass around it so you can see inside the cellar, very classy. The staff was up beat and friendly and our waiter was great. We were seated and ordered calamari which was as good as anywhere else you might order it. For dinner I got a ribeye with mashed potatoes and brussels spouts. My wife ordered the prime rib. I ordered my steak med rare. The food came on cue and looked great. The ribeye was kind of thin and really could not be cook med rare but was more of a med. if you wanted to compare it to a Ruth Chris steak they are not even close, but they are not as expense either. I thought the seasoning was a little much but all in all very good. The prime rib was great and was as good as any I've had. Over all I would go back. It was fun the prices were good maybe $30 for each meal not counting wine. If you figure you would spend $30-60 just for a steak a with no sides at many places I've eaten the value is very fair. Even though I had hoped for a little bit better steak it was still good. So if you are in Chattanooga check it out. If you are a complete steak snob you may want to try somewhere else. Over all tons of fun, classy looking place. Last but not least they have a great bar. Several very nice bourbons from Pappy Van Winkle 15. 20, and 23 as well as Eagle Rare 17 and William Laure Weller. Pretty cool.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We liked the atmosphere, the menu, and the easy in and out of this place especially since we were at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn. This was unknown to us as we had been to Chattanooga 5 times prior and did not know about this site. Had a great meal under 90 dollars and thoroughly enjoyed it. The filet is well-done.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Yes I would go back to this place. Loved it. My steak was awesome. I eat a lot of steak and this was goooooood. The staff was nice. Good everything. Wish they had more gluten free stuff, but I loved it. It was a gem. Had a nice bottle of win also. you should give them a try.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were so happy to find such a nice restaurant to go to on Christmas Eve with no reservations!
We had smoked salmon dip with flat bread that was delicious. I then had parsnip soup that was
amazing. Next course was NY strip steak with herb topping that was done to perfection. My wine that was recommended by our server was excellent!