“Great atmosphere, food, and service”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Knoxville
“Great atmosphere, food, and service”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've eaten at a lot more expensive steak houses, but none better. We loved the warm atmosphere, rounded booth, and the food. We both had steaks that were really excellent. I loved the stone ground grits as a change of pace for a side. Our server suggested the cheesecake if we liked a real New York style. I can rarely pass up a good cheesecake and this was really one of the best I ever had. It was a lovely, relaxing, and romantic evening.

Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Hennen's a great choice for couples or business”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Located in downtown Chattanooga, Hennen's is contemporary steakhouse that is works well for both business entertaining and couples. Lot's of wood, soft lighting, and a large exposed wine cellar give Hennen's a chic look. It was busy on a Wednesday night, but the decor has enough soft surfaces that it never got too loud. Service was excellent, and while they specialize in steaks, there are plenty of other options to choose from. Overall the food was very good, creative but not so far out as to turn off comfort food fans, and steaks as you might imagine are some of the best I have tasted (Actually I had chicken breast with risotto, highly recommended). One reviewer noted that the food is a little over salted, and I would agree. I noticed this on both the chicken, beef and risotto. While still very tasty, they can easily dial it back. Regardless, for a small city that has a lot of good restaurants, Hennen's is a top choice.

Talbott, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for a special dinner”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and were not disappointed! Excellent food, service, and atmosphere for a special occasion.

“Awesome place to eat.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Chattanooga for our third wedding anniversary trip. I was able to make reservations to eat at Hennen's two weeks ago. We immediately noticed that Hennen's was a great place for a romantic dinner. Our server was David and he did an outstanding job. We started off with salmon dip and it was great. We then had prime rib with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was all great, with the prime rib and asparagus really standing out. We finished our meal with bread pudding, which was outstanding. David really made the meal special with his service and noted that he really loved his job. My wife and I would really recommend Hennen's to anyone visiting Chattanooga for fine food, service, and atmosphere.

Athens, Georgia
“Waste of $100 and not kid friendly”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The only thing memorable about our meal was the chowder. It was delicious! The ahi tuna and duck were less than average. The sauce on the duck tasted like it came out of a bottle and the duck itself was a bit tough.

They don't have a printed kids menu and forget about crayons. We spent $8 for grilled chicken and fries for my 3 year old. Without a menu I guess it's easy to charge ridiculous amounts for a few slices of chicken and fries.

This is more like $$$$ rather than the $$ they are claiming. Definite tourist trap!

1 Thank edible_journey