“Lovely food, but service could be a bit more attentive”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

After reviews on here and a recommendation from the forum, we spent our anniversary meal here. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Service was the issue. Once seated we were given menus and immediately asked about drinks. We asked for water and a minute to read the wine list. The water appeared fairly quickly, so we had not had time to read it all. We then were left alone until we ended up calling another waitress over to take our order. The food was delicious and I'd highly recommend it, but we were also promised a wine cooler and ended up having to ask another waitress if there was one when said waitress asked if our food was ok. The food was more than ok and the wine selection was too.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our most recent trip to this restaurant was three days ago. My wife and I go there on special occasions, and we really love the atmosphere, service, wine list and food. We travel all over the world, and Hennen's will "stack up" with about any place we have eaten.

If in Chattanooga and looking for a special or romantic evening go to Hennen's!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My companion and I were in Chattanooga for a special event and decided that we would like to eat at a full-service, upscale restaurant but whose prices were not excessive. We searched, as you should, on chattanoogafun.com (Chattanooga Convention and Visitor’s Bureau) and there we round a link “Where to Eat.” Under that link it allows you to search by location, in our case, “Downtown within 3 blocks of shuttle.” That provides a list of restaurants. Clicking on a restaurant brings a description, discount coupons and menus. From that information and TripAdvisor reviews, we chose Hennen’s. I’m glad we did.

Reservations: Reservations are accepted and I recommend that you make one. We visited on a weekend evening and because of the easy transition from the hotel to the restaurant, we arrived about 20 minutes before our reservation time and it was necessary that we wait. Based on something the hostess said, it appears that they plan for each party to stay there about two hours. However, at no point did we feel rushed, pressured or did the waiter’s demeanor at all indicate that it was time for use to leave. While we were waiting, a party arrived that did not have reservations and were told that the only accommodations were in the bar and that it would be some time before a table would become available. This party observed an unused table and demanded to be seated there but the hostess declined, saying that table was a table for someone with a reservation (apparently the party at the table had departed slightly early) so apparently if you make a reservation, they won’t give your table to someone else just because you aren’t there if it is cleared early. We made reservations by phone, leaving a message, and shortly received a call back confirming, which was very nice.

Upon being escorted to our table, we were approached by our server. He was very personable and quite knowledgeable about every respect and aspect of the meals, the food preparation and presentation, and the wine list. He made specific recommendations and we found all of them to be perfectly balanced. Since we were having fish, he encouraged me to try a particular white wine that was new to me and about which I was curious, and explained it perfectly. He even gave me as short dissertation on selecting certain wines that I will certainly remember. His knowledge of wines was prodigious.

We chose an appetizer that was intended for one person but indicated that we would be sharing it so he brought us two plates. Some places don’t like customers to “share” but here it is not a problem. The bread was magnificent, and we are connoisseurs of bread. This bread was so soft and wonderful that it quite literally almost melted in my mouth. And a small touch: they brought plenty of real whipped butter, not the sometimes-skimpy and inadequate portions provided most places.

As indicated, we had fish and could not have been more delighted with both the presentation, the preparation or the taste. The entrée itself ranks among the best that I’ve ever had in any restaurant at any price. The wine that he recommended was absolutely perfect for the fish.

Once we were served, our waiter became inobtrusive, only glancing in periodically as he performed his other duties to verify that all was well – it was – and that we didn’t need anything else. He would drop by and refill our glasses with water occasionally but without engaging in any salesmanship or public relations talk. He left us to ourselves to enjoy our meal, while being there when we needed something.

When time came for the check, he took care of it readily and efficiently but did not make it appear that he was ready for us to vacate.

As I have said, we could not have been more satisfied with every aspect of or meal at Hennen’s and we not only would consider eating here again, we will do so next time we’re in Chattanooga – and we recommend it to our friends and to any of you.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is a little pricey, but well worth every penny. The only part of the experience that was better than the food was the service. Our waitress was attentive, friendly, and well versed with the menu. I would go back for another special occasion without thinking twice.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Chattanooga for a softball tourney. Came in w/a large group. We were seated on the patio which was perfect. Service was a little slow, but food was good and all cooked perfectly. Would visit again if in town. I recommend a steak!