“Underwhelming”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent overnighted in Chattanooga so my wife could do Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls. I decided to take her to a very nice restaurant for a romantic night out. I took TA advice and booked at Hennen's.

The service, ambiance, and drinks are outstanding. Both meals were very underwhelming.

We started with a crab cake appetizer. It was "good". But I was hoping for "wow". I had the Ribeye steak and loaded baked. My wife had the TAGLIATELLE PASTA. My wife said her pasta was good, but a bit underwhelming. I thought my steak good, but disappointing. It was properly prepared. But the meat was not "choice". Maybe I am a steak snob because I come from KC. And I should be chastised for order a steak at a restaurant that has a chef. But it was what I wanted. I wanted a memorable dinner that would put Chattanooga on the map for my wife. What I got for $100 was a bit underwhelming.

• Visited February 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Ok food, ok service terrible steak”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The atmosphere was great. It was very relaxing and semi-quiet. However, the food lacked some. I had the prime rib sandwich, which was good, but not the best I ever had. The salad was terrific (I had to substitute my side for the salad) and I loved their in house vinaigrette. My boyfriend's steak was terrible. He ordered the rib-eye and it was not flavored at all and very fatty. We have actually had better steaks at cheaper restaurants and made better at home. Our waiter was very sweet and worked hard to make sure we were happy. Overall it was a very over priced meal, without any perks (no free salad, bread, etc).

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food/Great Service in heart of downtown”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have dinned several times at Hennen's and have found it to be consistently excellent. We celebrated a birthday dinner there with my wife's family and had another great experience. The Fried Onion Ring appetizer was fun to share. My brother-in-law suggested I try the duck, and it was perfect! My wife had the Salmon special. But the highlight of the dinner was the Beignet's we had for desert! We will be back soon.

• Visited January 2013
“Fool me once...”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

2 business trips to Chattanooga, 2 visits to Hennens and 2 mediocre to bad meals. I was drawn to this place because the atmosphere and menu reminded me so much of one of my favorite restaurants, Houston's. My first visit the food was just mediocre. Tried to bring our 2 year old which was a mistake... My mistake, not theirs. The place is just by design not kid friendly. Ordered the shrimp appetizer which sounded similiar to bang bang shrimp but was not good. Second trip returning alone and determined to try Hennens again. Started with smoked salmon dip which was dry and seemed to have come straight from a can. Ordered the shaved prime rib sandwich since another reviewer recommended it. My experience was a little different. I would bet money that my sandwich was microwaved. There was not one hint of pink in the meat, all overcooked, and just had a 'microwaved roast beef' taste. The only saving grace was my asparagus that I ordered. Service was also mediocore even though it was a Wednesday night and not busy. Will definitely never be returning to Hennen's.

1 Thank Gtownwes
Georgia
“Great Place to enjoy a great Steak!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our bartender at the hotel suggestion this place to eat and it was great. There were four of us and we did not have reservations, but we were able to eat in the bar which was busy and small tables. But that did not affect the outcome of our meal. The fillet that I ordered was wonderful. It almost melted in your mouth. The other three in my group had great food also. This place does not look like much on the outside, but on the inside it was beutiful. Would go back again.

Visited December 2012