“Great for a special occasion.”
Review of Hennen's

Hennen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hennen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 835 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Electric Shuttle and Bus depot is located within 100 yards of restaurant.
Description: Hennen's is an upscale yet casual restaurant specializing in fresh seafood and certified Angus steaks, using the freshest local ingredients available... Hennen's is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, next to the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater & within walking distance of several area hotels. An elegant ambiance is centered around the 2,400 bottle wine cellar located in the middle of the main dining area. Hennen's also features a full bar, patio dining and dedicated private dining room.
Rocky Face, Georgia
“Great for a special occasion.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great for a special occasion. A little stuffy and pricy for a regular Saturday night for our taste. Advantage is you can park in the garage and ride the elevator down to the front door of Hennon's.

Visited July 2012

Hillsboro, Tennessee
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I were in Chattanooga, TN on Saturday 9/15/2012 for a weekend trip. Several people suggested Hennen's Restaurant as a good meal. We decide to give it a try since it was right accross the street from our hotel. The atmosphere was great as was the decor. We were seated almost immediately as we had reservations. We were seated at a horseshoe type table that was a little tight and uncomfortable for us. Server arrived; welcomed us and took our drink order which took what I thought was a little long to arrive. She asked if we were ready to order so we place our order. Scallops for me and Steak for my wife. She left and turned in our order and re-appeared to attend to another couple that had just been seated next to us. She spent several minutes with them and I overheard her going over some off menu specials that were not mentioned to us. Poor customer service! Our food arrived after a normal wait for made to order food. While my Wife's steak was as expected the Scallops I ordered were very disappointing for the price $23.50 I would have expected more than the three (3) I received with my order. They were served over fingerling potatoes and corn maque choux. It was good it was not what I considered a good value. As for the taste, it was good not great and the server was a little slow. I don't expect to ask for anything when I dine out, but we had to ask for our drinks to be refilled more than once, and that was just catching the servers attention as she was going elsewhere. Average food and below average service was what we experienced.

• Visited September 2012
Homewood, Alabama
“Excellent steakhouse”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I made a reservation on OpenTable for this restaurant and we were seated when we arrived. Service was attentive but not annoying. I had a medium ribeye and my wife had a rare filet; both steaks were cooked correctly and absolutely delicious. We also had the beignets for dessert - yum! Can't wait to go back the next time we're in Chattanooga.

• Visited August 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Nice upscale restaurant-worth the extra $$$!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had the best steaks we've ever had! All the food was wonderful and the service was great! We will definitely return to this restaurant in Chattanooga!

Visited September 2012
Townsend, Tennessee, United States
“Fine dining. Emphasis on the fine.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hennen's is a wonderful restaurant that fades into the background of all the clutter of downtown chatt but that is part of its worth. Hennen's after all is just a restaurant. It doesn't call to the endless tourists. It makes a simple statement of refinement with its delicious food and simply elegant atmosphere. A breath of fresh air in downtown.

Visited May 2012